Robot Confirmation - A new feature for live calls honesty!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by OddTrader, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Robot Confirmation - A new feature for live calls honesty!

This "Robot Confirmation" feature should be designed for the use by any poster who would like to add an extra post simultaneously that is generated/posted by the ET server/robot automatically for the purpose of confirming/time-stamping her/his live call of a trade this time.

The "Robot Confirmation" after generated/posted cannot be edited by the poster.

A poster may make required change/edit of the initial post by optionally not clicking again (each time editing) this "Robot Confirmation" feature, however the very first "Robot Post" post will be stayed and cannot be changed.

Any post or edited post for honest live calls should be expected to have its associated "Robot Confirmation" attached.

A valid competition hence could be made possible and useful in the future! https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/simulator-with-results-tracking.307600/

Just 10 cents!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  2. In other words, any post for Live Calls without its "Robot Confirmation" attached immediately could be considered not honest!

ET may design and activate a global/overall "Robot Confirmation" feature for a whole thread including every individual posts automatically for real competition purpose!

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Do you really feel like post call dishonesty is so rampant that it requires robot confirmation?

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

If you want to verify a posted trading signal, why not just do it yourself? It takes like two seconds to see if somebody is bullshitting their entry or exit price compared to the timestamp of their post.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    OddTrader likes this.
  5. Gotcha

Gotcha

I do notice that when a message is changed within a few minutes, there isn't the note about when it was last edited. What are the parameters for this?

As an aside, I do agree that having some sort of ability highlight when calls are made and which could be tracked would be super cool. Even a feature that would allow for you to scan if the trade is closed or not. That is one of the biggest issues. People make calls, and never follow up... and then days later, another call, without even mention of what happened with the first trade. Also, along with seeing a history of a person's posts, as well as threads started by them, there could be another flag for trade calls by them. It would make it easy to see which posters make calls and which don't.

But in reality, I know most trades are busy trading and don't give a shit about posting their trades here. Still though, a bit of help from the software side in order to properly track trade calls would be very cool.

6. I don't get the point purpose nor function of this

When did trading become a spectator sport? If you really care, and just are not trolling like 95% of your posts, just do what Baron suggests or paper trade ( if u dint have an account) along with the calls you follow.

7. Gotcha

Gotcha

Interesting words coming from the king of trolling.

So since trading isn't a spectator sport, why are you bothering to post anything? Just take your imaginary 10 contract YM short and celebrate.

You're just like a Kardashian. You couldn't survive without having someone reading your shit. In the same sentence that you criticize someone for looking for looking at trades, you want all of us to be aware of yours, continually updating non stop. Look at me... look at my trade.. guaranteed to hit profit target... blah blah blah. What's that you say again about spectators??? LOL

NoBias likes this.

8. Why do i post? i enjoy sharing my knowledge and skill set-- plus giving back to the community that has given so much to me.

surf

9. Actually, it would be trivial to simply have a trade post TYPE that cant be altered and is timestamped to the second. You might also grab a realtime quote, or even a chart , that gets attached, so someone couldnt just post screamers that are moving fast.

Would be interesting to track who is legit and who is just a poser.

#10     Mar 28, 2017