Robinhood IPO Prices at $38 a Share

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ajacobson, Jul 28, 2021.

1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

I usually don't trade IPOs on the day they start, but HOOD is tempting for a daytrade with trailing stop.

Any idea what time it starts trading today?

#11     Jul 29, 2021
  2. zdreg

zdreg

There is an old saying never trust a man who wears a bow tie. However, would you trust someone with that face?

#12     Jul 29, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I know people who invested in Coinbase pre-ipo. Even they said the valuation was stupid.

#13     Jul 29, 2021
  4. Specterx

Specterx

There's no rhyme or reason to valuations these days, except herd behavior. Fantastic time to be a tech-company founder or anything in the VC space.

#14     Jul 29, 2021
  5. zdreg

zdreg

There is an old saying never trust a man who wears a bow tie. However, would you trust someone with that face to invest/speculate in his company stock?

#15     Jul 29, 2021
  6. zdreg

zdreg

Be serious. The time set is not like the time when the sun rises in the morning.:D

It is like a trading halt. Buy and sell orders are matched off until there is an equilibrium price. Then the halt is ended and trading starts.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    #16     Jul 29, 2021
  7. hey bro, you forgot to switch to your burner account before replying to yourself

#17     Jul 29, 2021
  8. zdreg

zdreg

Time ran out to clarify my my thought. FYI there is a 60 minute time limit on ET to make changes .

#18     Jul 29, 2021
  9. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

why would anyone complain about pfof?

instinct execution, you pay a penny or 2, no commish, use limit orders if you you're scared, what else do you want?

#19     Jul 29, 2021
    murray t turtle and zdreg like this.
  10. zdreg

zdreg

Not only are they scared but they also greedy.

#20     Jul 29, 2021