Robinhood Gets Almost Half Its Revenue in Controversial Bargain With High-Speed Traders

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Humble Investor, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

and there it is. What's their ticker?

2. drm7

drm7

I'm surprised it took so long for the financial media to figure this out. It's the only way they can hope to turn a profit. Not everyone is going to use their overpriced margin loans.

3. Ok I will say it...

I do not get it...This is America. So use a limit order...every once in a while you don't get filled.

I think their business model is brilliant! I get the benefit of their smarts...

Es

P.S. Look I am a full time trader and I am not condoning to use Robinhood to make your living from ok?

trader99 and Hooter like this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

I don't get how a limit order is going to save you from being filled up to your limit price?

5. If I get filled at my limit price I get what I want. If I use a traditional Broker and pay commish I still get filled at my limit price and I get what I want. But the difference is that I pay commish to get the same if I go the traditional route.

6. 777

They sell your orders so your fills are meaningfully worse than with direct access.

And.. no matter who you use, resting-in-the-market limit orders often suffer from adverse selection.

7. I did say sometimes you do not get filled...but that is rare...the limit price is the limit price is the limit price...no matter when it gets filled. People that use Robinhood are not scalpers. I also said that you should not use Robinhood if you trade for a living.

ElectricAdverseSavant

trader99 and 777 like this.
  8. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

Don't all brokers sell order flow?

Sig likes this.
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

HF traders are still going to bump you to your limit price though. Does robinhood not allow limit orders? That'd be dumb.

#10     Oct 16, 2018