Robinhood fined USD 1.25 million

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Maverick2608, Dec 19, 2019.

1. trader99

trader99

I swear they hold my options orders for minutes before filling me even though I hit the bid. Happens more frequently than before. Disgusting. I have an entire thread on that.

#21     Dec 21, 2019
    traderslair likes this.
  2. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

They are the first that offered free commissions as an app on the phone, not the first that offered free commissions on stocks.

#22     Dec 21, 2019
    IAS_LLC likes this.
  3. minutes??? You need to find another broker.

#23     Dec 21, 2019
  4. guowei58

guowei58

the fine is too small.

#24     Dec 23, 2019
  5. ETJ

ETJ

Waiting to see how much they tag their four destinations.

#25     Dec 23, 2019
  6. A broker with DMA like Lightspeed will be cheaper than a free broker that takes money by frontrunning you, either internally or via Wolverine or Citadel, many free brokers also charge you a ticket price per option order, mostly Lightspeed for options will be cheaper.

#26     Dec 27, 2019
    MattZ likes this.
  7. def

def Sponsor

I'm biased off course but I would choose a firm like IBKR and use IBKR Pro who do not sell order flow. Check the 606 report on each brokers page showing where flow is directed.

#27     Dec 30, 2019
  8. Any way to get stats on IBKR Lite? Anything would be great...I noticed on the November press release they gave a bullet point on the number of Lite executions per day but then it was taken off the December release.

https://investors.interactivebrokers.com/ir/main.php

#28     Dec 30, 2019
  9. def

def Sponsor

I imagine a work in progress on how to present all the new info. Dec stats will be released around Jan 2 so stay tuned.

#29     Dec 30, 2019