Robertson Admits he Blew Election Prediction he Received from God

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Start your journal, troll.:)

#11     Nov 28, 2012
  2. I hope they hear you hugh, but it is not likely.

#12     Nov 28, 2012
  3. As previous poster implied,DR Pat Robertson is not a POPE. No man is infallible.For some one to claim God never speaks thru his word[the Bible/scripture]is 100%wrong.

Another thing i like about Dr Pat Robertson, he really never confuses his chair with throne[seat of ]God:cool:

#13     Nov 28, 2012
  4. christians are taught(brainwashed) into being experts at rationalizing unanswered prayer.
    they pray for something and it happens its "praise god he answered my prayer. they pray and nothing happened its "its gods will". they pray and the exact opposite happens its"it must be me i didnt pray hard enough".

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/important.htm
    "Why won't God heal amputees?" may seem like an odd name for a Web site. The reason for choosing it is simple: this is one of the most important questions that we can ask about God.

The question, "Why won't God heal amputees?" probes into a fundamental aspect of prayer and exposes it for observation. This aspect of prayer has to do with ambiguity and coincidence.

To help you understand why this question is so important, let's look at an example. Let's imagine that you visit your doctor one day, and he tells you that you have cancer. Your doctor is optimistic, and he schedules surgery and chemotherapy to treat your disease. Meanwhile, you are terrified. You don't want to die, so you pray to God day and night for a cure. The surgery is successful, and when your doctor examines you again six months later the cancer is gone. You praise God for answering your prayers. You totally believe with all your heart that God has worked a miracle in your life.

The obvious question to ask is: What cured you? Was it the surgery/chemotherapy, or was it God? Is there any way to know whether God is playing a role or not when we pray?

Unless you take the time to intelligently analyze this situation, it looks ambiguous. God might have miraculously cured your disease, as many Christians believe. But God might also be imaginary, and the chemotherapy drugs and surgery are the things that cured you. Or your body's immune system might have cured the cancer itself.

When your tumor disappeared, in other words, it might simply have been a complete coincidence that you happened to pray. Your prayer may have had zero effect.

How can we determine whether it is God or coincidence that worked the cure? One way is to eliminate the ambiguity. In a non-ambiguous situation, there is no potential for coincidence. Because there is no ambiguity, we can actually know whether God is answering the prayer or not.

That is what we are doing when we look at amputees.

Think about it this way. The Bible clearly promises that God answers prayers. For example, in Mark 11:24 Jesus says, "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." And billions of Christians believe these promises. You can find thousands of books, magazine articles and Web sites talking about the power of prayer. According to believers, God is answering millions of their prayers every day.

So what should happen if we pray to God to restore amputated limbs? Clearly, if God is real, limbs should regenerate through prayer. In reality, they do not.

Why not? Because God is imaginary. Notice that there is zero ambiguity in this situation. There is only one way for a limb to regenerate through prayer: God must exist and God must answer prayers. What we find is that whenever we create a unambiguous situation like this and look at the results of prayer, prayer never works. God never "answers prayers" if there is no possibility of coincidence. We will approach this issue from several different angles in this book, but Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8 are particularly important:

#14     Nov 28, 2012
  5. hughb

hughb

How does god decide between the quarterback who wants to throw a touchdown pass and the cornerback who wants an interception? When Tebow tebows, does that mean god was mad at the defense of the opposing team?

I am astounded and amazed at how this has gone on for 4,000 years now, and for the last 2,000 we all slow down to celebrate the supposed birth of a weirded out homeless guy running around in the desert babbling about being the son of god. Why is it taking so long for this to run it's course? If I had been around 2,000 years ago when Paul was selling Christianity I would have guessed that his little gig never would have gotten off the ground.

#15     Nov 29, 2012