Robert Shiller: "Fed will cut rates to 0%"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Daal, Apr 23, 2008.

1. S2007S

S2007S

IF he cuts rates any lower oil is going to go parabolic.

If he were to cut rates even 1/4% tonight or tomorrow morning oil would jump $10 bucks to an easy $150 and if he knocks them down to 0% expect oil and commodities to surge to levels never ever seen before, inflation would be totally out of control. He should have waited to lower the rates, even if he left them at 4% he would have room to drop them, but no instead he took rates down the quickest any fed official has ever taken rates down before.

#21     Jun 26, 2008
  2. taodr

taodr

Don't you get the feeling Benny and the boys have lost it.

#22     Jun 26, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

He'd lost it before he even got the job. In Senate confirmation hearings, he basically said, "I'll kiss everybody's ass if you'll just let me have the job so I can look like the big cheese. I'll do ANYTHING you ask..DESTROY THE COUNTRY EVEN... I'm a wee little, bald man who can't get a date. If I had big power... REALLY BIG POWER, perhaps I could GET a date.. maybe even GET LAID! Please, please, please let me have this job... my pee-pee is achin', if you know what I mean"..

(Being made up mostly of men, the Senate Confirmation Board was sympathetic with the wee little, bald man's longing...)

#23     Jun 26, 2008
  4. eagle

eagle

Free interest money, not free money. But it will be on the prime rate only, not on our credit card and other individual loan. This guy, RS who wrote Irrational Exuberance, was two times right big on stock and housing. And therefore it's hard to completely refute his prediction about the Fed rate.

#24     Jun 26, 2008