Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by armoured saint, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Neophyte, you are twisting my words and making it seem I think there is some grandness equated with pop stardom, when if fact I am trying to say the opposite. For example: Elvis Presley is hailed as the 'King of rock and roll" BUT there were many before him from Memphis and others not from Memphis who were much, much better, who were the real pioneers and true talents..but they never recieved the fame and recogniotion Elvis did. He was a beautiful person physically, and his stage presence was a show all its own besides his singing. He was a showman no doubt. I am not saying that Elvis was not talented, but I do say many before him were better..but didn't get the lime light.

#11     Feb 12, 2008
  2. BSAM

BSAM

I am a big Robert Plant fan. The album with Krauss (Raising Sand) sucks. Avoid.

#12     Feb 12, 2008
  3. BSAM

BSAM

I don't know what you are smoking, but for your sake I hope you flush it down the toilet before the cops knock on your door.

#13     Feb 12, 2008
  4. Ok, maybe you don't like Allison sound..maybe its not your type of music. Thats ok. But that does not mean Allison Krauss sucks. It means you don't like her kind of music.

#14     Feb 12, 2008
  5. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

I'm not ashamed to admit it ..... I'M A HUGE DOLLY PARTON FAN ....

dolly is heavanly....

#15     Feb 12, 2008
  6. You could be saying that Dolly stuff out of sarcasm..I don;t know, but in my opinion, she is very talented AND played the sex card for extra points. But she is talented too, so I'm ok with Dolly and her big hair and boobs, because she is a Kentucky mountain girl true talent!

#16     Feb 12, 2008
  7. What,,, are u guys kiddin? Plant is schtoopin her.

#17     Feb 12, 2008
  8. Thx for having a normal conversation and some reasonable commentary. Believe it or not, I listened to a bunch of Allison Krauss after having never even heard of her name - got tired of the country that came out away in the 80's and 90's - and you're right: she is absolutely incredible. Thx for the advice. Hard to find an artist that really feels the music any more - it's all so formula...

#18     Feb 13, 2008
  9. Yes! You have hit the nail on the head! I wasn't able to get my point across, but I think you just did!

#19     Feb 13, 2008
  10. Most of the songs that I hear I feel that I could write in about 15 minutes. It almost seems like they have a bot out there cranking out songs with slight variations every so often of past hits and formulae. It's rare to see a musician put heart and soul on the line.

You can tell a musician that is singing because they HAVE to sing, not because they HAVE to make money...

#20     Feb 13, 2008