Robert Kiyosaki now teaches people to "trade"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by IShopAtPublix, Nov 10, 2008.

1. clacy

clacy

That seems like pretty good advice to give out if you're in the business of selling books!:D

Actually, that's not bad advice, but it takes more than reading books to become self-made.

If you just keep looking to books to make money, you likely never will.

#21     Nov 10, 2008
  2. Right, you have to actually take what you read and put it to action, right away. If you hesitate or don't take action and make excuses you may find yourself years later still chasing books and spinning your wheels.

#22     Nov 10, 2008
  3. Someone who charges 1K and fills up a 1000 head seminar room at a posh resort

Someone who watches the monitor 24/7 for many years to make $200 a day.

the end game is all about making money.

who is smart and who is dumb?

#23     Nov 10, 2008
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

He is a marketING wizard, not a market wizard. There is nothing wrong with that as long as people know what they are getting into it, but most people dont.

#24     Nov 10, 2008
  5. And then bankruptcy, and then prison.

Wonder if his rich dad will put up the bail money when he gets arrested.

#25     Nov 10, 2008
  6. [​IMG]
    Learn to be rich with zero risk $$$

#26     Nov 10, 2008
  7. Robert Kiyosaki is great at teaching the mindset to become rich.

However he hasn't developed the right strategies yet, as evidenced by his promoting of real state before the bubble bursted, or his trading during one of the most volatile markets.

#27     Nov 10, 2008
  8. I wonder which McDonalds he works for now..

#28     Nov 10, 2008
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

"Former real estate investor and author of books on real estate investment John T. Reed has questioned much of what Kiyosaki has claimed to have achieved. According to Reed, much of Kiyosaki's advice is illegal, makes no sense or is the product of "a rather ignorant, not very bright, novice, investor wannabe". [14] He concludes his criticism, saying that "Rich Dad, Poor Dad is one of the dumbest financial advice books I have ever read. It contains many factual errors and numerous extremely unlikely accounts of events that supposedly occurred.""

"ABC ran a 20/20 segment on May 19, 2006 in which Kiyosaki was to advise 3 entrepreneurs on how to make money. They were given $1000 and 20 days to try and make the most money possible. At the end, after mediocre results, the contestants alleged that Kiyosaki never gave concrete advice. "All he [Kiyosaki] does is, I guess, is open your mind to the possibility. He doesn't tell you how to do it." Kiyosaki responds by saying that failure is important to learn. At the end, 20/20 asks, "Does anyone really need 18 books to learn to fail?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kiyosaki

#29     Nov 10, 2008
  10. Accidentally picked up "market wizards" in the scifi aisle of Barnes and Nobles (best accidental purchase ever. Who ever accidentally put it in the scifi aisle I thank you..
    ---------------------------

I always rearrange a few books when I go there. I make sure and put security analysis next to teh intelligent investor.:cool:

#30     Nov 10, 2008