Robbins World Cup E-mini Contest

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by smilingsynic, Sep 8, 2007.

1. gnome

gnome

In the "old days", when contestants had to put up "significant" money.... 50% gains were stellar... 100% gains were EXTRAORDINARY... and DAMN'd few!

A "1000% gain" alerts me to the fact that she took a flier on "insignificant money"... so her results lead to no significant conclusion.

#51     Sep 11, 2007
  2. #52     Sep 11, 2007
  3. This is not true.

Just because you don't know how to do something, doesn't mean that no one else does.

Larry Williams has publicly stated his trading philosophy, approach and methodology in the past, and after winning the competition, he taught his daughter how to do it to quiet the critics (like yourself), and she won also.
    There's no point in decrying the achievements of others ... if you honestly think she was able to get those results by "taking a flier", apparently you only know one way to trade.

Your way.

Good trading,

JJ

#53     Sep 11, 2007
  4. But her father the vendor (that would be Larry) is sure to make reference to it as circumstances permit. How unfortunate and oddly curious it is that none of his thousands of seminar attendees over the years has been able to come even close to his dilettante trader daughter's performance, to which he gives a fair amount of credence. Vexing, isn't it?

#54     Sep 11, 2007
  5. gnome

gnome

You are so full of CRAP! I'm not "decrying her achievements"... only stating that if the money at risk is insignificant, it doesn't matter whether the player blew out or made a killing.... same as paper trading.

#55     Sep 11, 2007
  6. LOL, for them I'm sure it is. :D

JJ

#56     Sep 11, 2007
  7. gnome

gnome

No. If the "at risk" amount is $10k, that's insignificant money to Williams... the amount he might risk on an options play for a "noise" trading play. Put up $1 Million, make 11,000%... and we'll all cheer.

#57     Sep 11, 2007

8. highly speculative assertions, mr. dog. you read an attorney dubious info in a book, then asked for his opinion? does this counselor know you are using his opinion to discredit someone?

if you are truly interested in the truth about gallacher's book, send larry an email and ask him directly

victor and larry are friendly, fyi. i have seen victor debate larry--- LW is much brighter than you imagine, i was impressed. i have spoken to LW in person on several occasions and interviewed him--- what he says regarding the situation you reference makes sense. you have no direct knowledge, zero, zilch. in addition, larry is a contributor to VN's website--please see www.dailyspeculations.com list of authors.

#58     Sep 11, 2007
  9. ssss

ssss

ssss, with all due respect, you have posted this same historical performance crap all the time in different threads. I had a several months in option trading that went up +1,000% on balances akin to $1,000.

Did you have signature of SEC or BOX ,ISE ? IF you have ,author would respect you as best relevant performer on small capital to date .

It is not easy ... Author performed by paper trade by OXPS
    multiple attempt's with options . Best month for two years was 520% . And multiple month with losse's

(Author is multiple time price moeny winner by paper money contest's in USA,Germany ,international ..)

Lots of traders did. That proves exactly jack-s(qua)t in reality. Wouldn't the same person winning several Robbins Cup contests in rapid fashion be a lot more impressive and realistic?

If you wish contest for semi professional ,try PFG CTA contest
    win 6 month risk adjusted ,1mln fund under management price

#59     Sep 11, 2007
  10. You do understand, of course, that I think Williams is full of shit.

#60     Sep 11, 2007