Robbins World Cup E-mini Contest

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by smilingsynic, Sep 8, 2007.

1. gnome

gnome

Most of us started small. (I started with $25/mo on a bank draft into a mutual fund.)

When you're small and your track record is short, getting ahead is like swimming upstream against the Niagra river. Nothing you can do except try to be consistent and grow. If $5K is significant money to you and you have aspirations of managing OPM, then Robbins is something you should definitely do.

#31     Sep 11, 2007
  2. <i>"guys like p.logic simply don't belong here---"</i>

Well, I don't know who he is, but at least the man talks trading inside a trader's forum. It's "journalists" like Mikey Covel who don't merit one byte of ink in this forum. Surf, you are a genuinely nice guy and interesting personality here. If you want to throw stones at people, why not start with the admitted non-traders posing as educational sources?

Once you banish and distance yourself from those admitted frauds, feel free to expand your dragnet from there. How's that sound?

#32     Sep 11, 2007
  3. ssss

ssss

Gentlemen

To develop skill ,need no pay 5000 $

1. You can play without capital

www.marketzar.com

or in gErmany www.trader2007.de

2. With small capital
    Some operator from Australia performed 855% on 1000$
    in one month by www.fxcm.com

alsov www.interbankfx.com contest
    (need account 250 $)

by interbankfx.com

3. If you are skilled you can try to win CTA contest
    3 month win give a right to manage 250 k$ fund
    6 month win -1 mln $ fund

#33     Sep 11, 2007
  4. i actually like p.logic, believe it or not---

however, the guy claims perfection in trading and posted a perfect track record for years---- that's my only issue--and one he keeps ducking to defend.

thanks for kind words.

surf:)

#34     Sep 11, 2007
  5. <i>"Some operator from Australia performed 855% on 1000$
    in one month by fxcm.com Can play without capital by marketzar.com"</i>

ssss, with all due respect, you have posted this same historical performance crap all the time in different threads. I had a several months in option trading that went up +1,000% on balances akin to $1,000. Lots of traders did. That proves exactly jack-s(qua)t in reality. Wouldn't the same person winning several Robbins Cup contests in rapid fashion be a lot more impressive and realistic?

It could happen, and it probably will.

The Robbins Cup is a public forum where any trader can cast his/her lot and see how that stacks up / shakes out in the end. It's not a phony money game like CNBC or some online sites with demo accounts. Not many of us would pile fifty $100 bills in a circle of rocks and light it on fire.

There is some element of real-money risked here, not to mention public scrutiny of results.

#35     Sep 11, 2007
  6. larry williams is the undisputed all time champion of the robbin's cup.

surf

#36     Sep 11, 2007
  7. gnome

gnome

Pardon the hubris for quoting myself....

When I first started with aspirations of managing OPM, I'd been KICKIN' THE MARKET'S ASS for a couple of years (in fact, so UNBELIEVABLY much that it even got me audited by the SEC).... when I took my AUDITED results to a guy who headed up a LARGE marketing group in financial products... that I'd known and had a business relationship for 10 FRICKIN' YEARS... so he KNEW me. He said, "I can't go with you on this, you're nobody in this bizz". Well, this was neither the first nor last time I'd received this response...

Yet over time, I was eventually able to overcome the "nobody" label.

The Robbins contest and anything like it... where REAL results are reported.... are invaluable to helping aspiring OPM traders overcome their "nobody" perception.

BTW.. you don't have to win the Robbins contest. Somebody will take a flier on something and hit big, but that shouldn't matter to you. Just enter the contest 3 or 4 times and show consistent results. The world will soon be your oyster. If you want to manage OPM, investors are looking for "above average returns with acceptable risk." Only time and consistent results win the day in the bigger picture.

#37     Sep 11, 2007
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

World Cup Championship of CME E-mini® Index Trading (July 1-Sept. 28)

As of 8/31/07:

1) Ken Goldberg 151%
    2) Michael Cook 71%
    3) B. Jennings 16%

So a guy with a 16% performance (after 2 months) can make it to the 3rd place? That indicates to me that only a handful of people started in the contest....

For comparison, the standing of the annual contest:

World Cup Championship of Futures Trading®

As of 8/31/07:

1) Michael Cook* 154%
    2) Kurt Sakaeda* 59%
    3) Kevin Davey 33%

#38     Sep 11, 2007
  9. It is my understanding that Robbins had something of a shady past about 20 or so years ago, notably at around the time it had an association with Larry Williams. Have legitimate investors who would be potentially meaningful sources of OPM really gotten past that, or are they perhaps not even aware of that cloud? Any thoughts?

#39     Sep 11, 2007
  10. gnome

gnome

Both that, plus only a few percentage of participants show decent results.

If you were that "16%" guy for 3 or 4, 3-month contests, you'd soon be attracting a following.

ET'ers have the HUGELY FALSE conception that "good traders make a bazillion percent".... not true.

Back in the days when I was playing the U.S Investing Championships and Money Manager Verified Ratings contests, they would report EVERYONE who audited positive results. There would be maybe 150-350 participants, and only 25-30 would be positive.

So, if you are consistently positive with low drawdowns, you will soon be attracting capital for managing OPM.... easier said than done, you know.

#40     Sep 11, 2007