Robbins World Cup E-mini Contest

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by smilingsynic, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Funny shit and all over some trading contest long ago.

Shit...just paste your trading in 2 collective and watch the managed accounts roll in. Ha now that is just as funny as LW pulling his pranks.

#111     Sep 13, 2007

2. seriously funny, tdog, funny. however very limited and not applicable to this situation. YOU can call or email LW directly for an explanation of what occured--- its not asking him if he is a con man, simply asking what happened in the robbins contest. your avoidance of doing this is bad form for a journalist-- even a hobbyist blogger journalist-- who continues to spread nonsense, rumours and inuendo without all the facts

on another topic, believe it or not, i have been threatened with a lawsuit by a strong proponent of TA on this board. Talk about an interesting tactic.

regards,

surf:D :D

#112     Sep 17, 2007
  3. gov

gov

Hmmpf. Well, I just found this thread looking for something else but here is a thought.

Now, I hope I am not breaking any ET rules.

So, looking at the "Challenge", frankly it isn't very attractive; in fact, it looks like a likely way to generate commission revenue for Robbins. And the cash prize(s) are actually provided by the participants, so his risk in the deal is some BnB trophy....

So, here it comes. This site is sincerely filled with posers and blowhards, so I was thinking of a true test/contest. Here is what I think. Say each of us participants starts out with 3K in an account, and we trade whatever we want/can for a month, and the winner takes all the account balances at the end of the month. So, your max risk is 3K + a months work on the account + your tax issues.

What say ye??

#113     Sep 27, 2007
  4. gov

gov

How is that better?? I am talking straight cash, the most wins all the rest.

Your idea has too many ways out. How many er2=ES=corn?? I frankly don't give a shit. But at the end of the month, the largest account takes all the rest. I like those stakes, and no wiggle room. That's important around here.

#114     Sep 27, 2007
  5. ssss

ssss

2007 Final Standings

World Cup Championship of CME Group E-mini® Index Trading
    (third quarter competition; pending audit)

1) Ken Goldberg 121%
    2) Michael Cook 56%
    3) Burr Jennings 44%

E-mini quratal cometition demanded lowest account balanse
    -5000$

Quartal result of 121% (author suspect winner have lowest
    start deposit) is not impressive .Alsov for standart CME E-mini
    margin 3500-4000$ without intraday 500$

Gentlemen ,

who knew some more information about quartal e-mini contest ?

intraday margin

Quantity of participants

Relevant comment would appreciated

#115     Oct 28, 2007
  6. ssss

ssss

ssss, with all due respect, you have posted this same historical performance crap all the time in different threads. I had a several months in option trading that went up +1,000% on balances akin to $1,000. Lots of traders did. That proves exactly jack-s(qua)t in reality. Wouldn't the same person winning several Robbins Cup contests in rapid fashion be a lot more impressive and realistic?

It could happen, and it probably will.

Sorry ,not readed your answer before ...

That are different task's

1 month perfomance on 3000$ 855%

Robbins demanded for FX atleast 10000$ and it is 12 month long .

How great is perfomance of top performer of FX by Robbins ?

Not L.Williams deceptive statements (NFA)

#116     Nov 9, 2007
  7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

uh you can write larry in prison now.. yea he is such a great trader he couldn't come up with 100,000 in bail money.

what was that sound "pop" went that bubble.

ps larry williams always prided himself that all you need is the price of the commodity itself to trade and nothing else.

i pride myself that i dont even need the price of what i am trading to trade something. larry stole the concept of oddball and was going to do new seminars about his great breakthrough which was mine.

i put a stop to that and i have the apology letter from larry to prove it. he latter told me that someone came to him with the idea and he ran with it not knowing i published it - whatever i was a gentleman and let it lay.

i think its funny david hunt from the omega list who gave me crap for so many years didn't even have the money himself to get larry out of jail.

#117     Nov 10, 2007
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Mark, let's face it, you are an imbecile. Surf was right, it doesn't matter how many people Larry murders in the future, he is the undisputed champion of the Robinson cup.... :)

Case closed....

#118     Nov 11, 2007
  9. That's a sad story, man.

Nothing to crow about.

JJ

#119     Nov 11, 2007