Roadmap to (day) trading success

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by qlai, Aug 2, 2020.

1. qlai

qlai

Another gem from SMB. Interesting discussion on how you can learn from profitable traders, but not quite copy them.

comagnum and guru like this.
  2. Dazz

Dazz

I see it differently: SMB University is a fake university = sciolism: pretentious superficiality of knowledge; added to the fact the there is no live trading at SMB nor any track record of performance makes SMB a fake sales room, i.e. all vendor/no trader, just like an other 2000+ sites out there. This video is nothing more than a road map to "open your wallet".

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    Dreadsen likes this.
  3. volpri

volpri

Are yu saying just save yourself some time and effort and just give them a donation?

Bugsy and Dazz like this.
  4. qlai

qlai

@Dazz, this FREE video alone is better than 90% of paid material out there. This is very specific description of steps he took to get consistent. Obviously, there’s a limit to what you will get for free. That is only fair, imo.

comagnum likes this.
  5. Dazz

Dazz

they are not free of deception, fake claims, false credentials, self-aggrandizement, etc.

6. guru

guru

Are you saying that their traders don’t trade live? Why are they there then?

I see some issues with them, but they provide more value than most other outlets, in terms of helpful info and advice.
    Because if their material isn’t useful and honest then it’d probably mean that making money from trading isn’t possible, and then you also wouldn’t have a reason to have any interest in trading, especially as you already know so much.

Finally, I think they’re actually seeking talented day traders and therefore want to teach them, vs just selling stuff?

qlai likes this.
  7. Dazz

Dazz

their trader don't trade live - they are there to sell. No live trading, no trade room, no track record.

8. guru

guru

So how do you know their sales track record? And how do you know they’re not trading live?

And who, in your opinion, is providing useful trading advice and worth watching/following on Twitter, YouTube, etc?

9. Dazz

Dazz

What is a "sales track record" guru? And I know SMB does not trade live because they do not have a trading room; them trading behind the curtain does not count. They do not have a track because they do not have a track record - pay attention guru. And they do not have an university either. Their blog is useless and their testimonies worthless - sorry - I see all vendor/no trader.
    They sell many trading tools none of which are substantiated to perform or increase profitability.

10. guru

guru

I'm the only one here paying attention because I'm the only one asking for details. Did you pay attention?

You claim that they don't trade, but cannot provide any details about why you think so.
    You claim that they "sell" but you also cannot provide any details about their sales.
    I feel like in school where I saw teachers asking kids the same question in 10 different ways to get an answer, but there is no answer. Just "bad", "no good", "fake", without an intelligent response.
    So who do you think people should believe? SMB Capital that can intelligently talk about every detail of trading, or you that is unable to provide any details about your own claims?

While if you watched SMB videos and paid attention, you'd actually see them specifically stating that the owners don't trade themselves because they're not as sharp as younger traders, so that's why they hire traders. And some of their traders make money, but not all. SMB is making money from fees because they don't trade, but that's their business. Their business is training and assisting traders, providing infrastructure and helping them develop their talent. Are you angry because you cannot qualify to work for them? Or you paid some fees to them while you couldn't make money?
    I think their goal is to make money from selling products & services, including charging fees & commissions to traders, but it's not their goal to hire bad traders or do something bad to them. They will be much more successful and happier when working with successful traders.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    #10     Aug 2, 2020