Road to 120% - 2019....if anyone even cares

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Palindrome, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Palindrome

Palindrome

I'm down 4.5% for 2019 so far.

I'm going to post my weekly performance here.

Doubt anyone cares.

I trade a real account...6 figures if that is considered "real"

I trade futures

120% return is a big number but I have 11 months left.

This game is hard.

2. Overnight

Overnight

A "real" account is generally considered real money. An account with $5,000 in real bux is just as real as an account with $100,000 in it.

VPhantom, Joe6Pack and schweiz like this.
  3. Palindrome

Palindrome

Feel free to post your results too.

I'm just saying, I'm not looking to make 5k this year.

4. Overnight

Overnight

To give you an example of the problem with percentage gains...

The last couple of years I was making a certain amount of money per day on trading with "upper 5 figures" in the account.

If I am making the same amount of money on an account half that size per day, and thus the percentage gain is doubled, should it be celebrated? Nahh, I do not think so. Because if I work it out to the bare minimums of what is required to trade it without margin calls, I'd be at 20% gain per day. And that is a ludicrous way to look at it.

5. Overnight

Overnight

Just try to end each day in the green. Good luck. :)

ps0013 likes this.
  6. Sure we care!

Was it a car or a cat I saw? Able was I, ere I saw Elba.

Don't give up, it's early yet! :)

VPhantom likes this.
  7. Palindrome

Palindrome

I'm confident I will hit 120%. ;)

Nobert and Option_Attack like this.
  8. Overnight

Overnight

I see what you did there. Clever. :)

9. Go 100 % of account in Long OTM PUTs shortly before February 13 and you will hit 400 % returns! Donny is very likely to renew shutdown around the same time, tariffs will stay at 10 % guaranteed, but market priced them to be removed... Only question is whether he snaps and hits 25 % on March 1, even if he backtracks 2-3 weeks later after carnage which he will do if it hits 25 %, damage will be full blown considering date of cycle... Major catalyst why before Feb 13, Shale earnings and predictions are coming up, the ponzi scheme is unravelling. Italy in recession, Australia Fed about to cut rates, China in recession,Germany leveraged to the tits, UK subprime market is Lehman 2.0, RE Assets worldwide depreciating, people feel it coming so they save up more, etc... Death spiral before cycle ends

Only positive economic news in next few months will be Brexit isn't going to happen, Pension funds, mutual funds and PPT are tapped out after the January buying spree... Pensions got hosed and politicians will go to work on them, Japan's biggest fund admitted reality, American one's soon will!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-pension-fund-reports-record-136-billion-loss

But the mother of all destruction which I am patiently waiting for at any given day they receive the call to pull the plug, is Moody's and SP... Once they downgrade first BBB into junk, the move that snaps the avalanche into effect, Moody's is 100 % complicit into this fiasco and I shall buy lots of PUTs on them once the time comes for them to face the music once this mess unravels. They are cheating and scamming the system with bogus ratings, which should be in Junk, but aren't due to political pressure not to do it yet

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2018-almost-junk-credit-ratings/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/there-have-never-been-so-many-bonds-that-are-almost-junk-1537466036

Best of luck!

Glitch likes this.
  10. How would you know?

#10     Feb 1, 2019