RNC 2012: two GOP delegates racist toward CNN black camerawoman

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Isolation in Appalachia is known to breed anomalous behavior.

#11     Aug 29, 2012
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

If this happened it is unfortunate and shameful. The republicans need to condemn any extremist behavior and eject the participants from the convention.

Both sides have extremists. Both sides should reject the most extremists sects of their parties.

#12     Aug 29, 2012
  3. I'm shocked and appalled. Shocked I tell you. Well, not really. These two knuckleheads should be outed though, just for being that f'n stupid, if for no other reason.

#13     Aug 29, 2012
  4. wjk

wjk

But if that happened, we might actually have acceptable bipartisanship.:eek:

#14     Aug 29, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

So is isolation on third shift in Peoria.

#15     Aug 29, 2012
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Can someone please explain what these guys did that is racist?

#16     Aug 29, 2012
  7. You don't think throwing nuts at a black person and saying this is how we feed the animals might not be construed as a racist remark? Com'on man.

#17     Aug 29, 2012
  8. hughb

hughb

Not a single story about this on any of the news organizaton's websites is mentioning what preceded this. I simply don't believe that two delegates just started throwing nuts at her for no reason.

#18     Aug 29, 2012
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Brother Captain, the political correctness climate of the day causes many to see the statement as racist.

But, you got to understand that a lot of those people at the Tampa convention probably see CNN as a bunch of liberals.
    And, many people use the word "animals" in a negative sense.

So, maybe the two accused meant the remark as racist; maybe not.
    I don't know.

As the only true voice of reason here on ET, I'm pointing out that we shouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions until we know the facts.

Don't fall into the political correctness trap.

But, whether they meant it as a racist remark or as an insult to what they may have perceived to be a liberal, they certainly should never have thrown anything at the woman.

That's why I asked what was racist about their remark.

#19     Aug 29, 2012
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Good point, brother Hugh.
    Is kinda hard to believe.
    We may not have all the facts yet.

#20     Aug 29, 2012