RM's occasional market calls...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Rearden Metal, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Ok, the short-term top is clearly in now. I have bids in to short more silver (buy more ZSL, actually) in case silver bounces significantly from here in the next few hours.

#11     Nov 9, 2010
  2. dropping like a silver stone...

#12     Nov 9, 2010
  3. Terrible entry price non-withstanding, note that this trade is now profitable. I only managed to increase my size by a small amount today, though.

#13     Nov 9, 2010
  4. I have to cry foul RM. Somehow I think you had some inside information on this margin increase at the CME. I know you have some connections to higher powers and I dont mean any of those mentioned in the Bible. I think you will deny what I suspect in any event. Somehow I find it curious that you went short just before the announcement, thats all....

#14     Nov 9, 2010
  5. I just took off a bit more than a quarter of the position right here... still holding the rest...

#15     Nov 9, 2010
  6. as a good catholic RM will undoubtedly confess and repent here on ET :D

#16     Nov 9, 2010
  7. Out of 35% now, still holding 65% of the total position...

SLV closing price was $26.18, down a bit over 3% on the day, and the general area of my exits so far. (This equates to a 6% gain, since I used ZSL.)

#17     Nov 9, 2010
  8. I was able to unload a bit more ZSL in AH trading at $13.79 (3 cents worse than the closing price). So in total I'm out of 47% of the position, holding the other 53% into tomorrow.

My plan for Wednesday: If silver bounces strongly, I'll look to size back up again... but if it drops enough, I'll just exit the entire position.

#18     Nov 9, 2010
  9. I think Silver will continue to drop.

[​IMG]

#19     Nov 10, 2010
  10. SLV up over a buck (SLV is $27.24 bid).
    Short more- right here, right now!

Edit: I just doubled what was left of my position- bringing it back up to roughly the peak size I had on yesterday. SLV at $27.32.

#20     Nov 10, 2010