RM's occasional market calls...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Rearden Metal, Nov 8, 2010.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

Up 16% to $24.18 today.
    So much for $15.

#1011     Mar 8, 2017
  2. That was nothing, he now needs a 40% drop, and there is also the div.

#1012     Mar 19, 2017
  3. Have you read @Rearden Metal posts? He has had some solid calls for quite some time. Not your typical person posting the market has topped or whatever. Can't get them all right though.

#1013     Mar 19, 2017
    vanzandt likes this.
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Hey... I made a little money scalping some puts on HRB 2 weeks ago.... all because of this thread. It never would have been on my radar. He's right. And its still a good short above $24.
    More than likely it is going to the teens.

#1014     Mar 19, 2017
    FCXoptions likes this.
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Will today's tax news give Rearden a tailwind on this HRB trade? Tax simplification can't be good for HRB.

#1015     Apr 26, 2017
  6. I think the conclusion of this call is now written in stone, horrendous call, regardless of OP's excellent track record; keeping it real.

#1016     Jul 19, 2017
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Hey Rearden, did you ever start trading bitcoin?

#1017     Aug 15, 2017
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Hey Mav!.... you see where they are banning multi level marketing in China?
    I'm kinda into the whole bison steak thing lately....(as HLF pushes $60 :D).... can I get that or were we locked in on beef? $85 is a long way away from $62. :sneaky:

#1018     Aug 15, 2017
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Zany that bet expired 7/4/2017. We actually made a new 52 week high after your call. Still looks like a range bound trade to me. But I told you in another thread, i'll buy you a steak either way when I'm in Chicago again. Let's leave this thread to Rearden's market calls.

#1019     Aug 15, 2017
  10. TRUMP IS FINISHED. You'll see. No second term. British bookies will gladly provide you with free money if you'd like. Biden is currently at -190 to -200 in the U.K. TOTAL LOCK. Here are 14 of the many reasons why Trump can’t possibly be re-elected:

1) Many voters (and enough media) were with Trump in 2016, but against him now. He won by a narrow margin, so just a few folks realizing he's obviously trash has already tipped the scales beyond the point of no return.
    2) During hard times, voters want change. Not more of the same.
    3) An unfiltered president who says whatever he pleases. An anti-P.C. novelty in 2016, but now America is sick of it. We want civilized decorum again, not debates consisting of a baboon throwing feces at a friendly old man.
    4) The apoc hit, and our president acted like an idiot while calling our top pandemic expert by that exact term. Folks didn’t so much care for that.
    5) Swing voters who don’t watch the news barely understood who Trump even was in 2016. They know now.
    6) Trump was elected promising to Make America Great Again. Instead, we got an American Great Leap Forward. No one can use the same con game twice on an entire country.
    7) The opinion polls being ‘wrong’ (but within the margin of error) in 2016- that’s a huge factor to explain why the betting odds are so favorable. For the moment the public believes ‘the polls can’t be trusted’.
    8) Trash entertainment is fine. WAP, 90 Day Fiancé, even blasting gangsta rap with the bass cranked. But politics should never be trash entertainment. There are actual real life consequences when an exciting dirtbag is president, as many have now realized.
    9) African Americans now see Trump as an existential threat to their hard won civil rights. They'll sure flock to vote this time.
    10) Libertarian and Green votes. 4.35% of the total in 2016, including me. Now? We have learned. Must pick the lesser of two evils to defeat a monster.
    11) Trump is more angle shooter than cheater. https://youtu.be/QA9ak5rKmOY Only hard core cheating or a military coup could possibly destroy American democracy to the point where Trump’s our dictator now, whether we like it or not.
    12) 75% of British election bets are on Trump (piker action). But every single 6-figure shark action bet, without exception... guess on whom.
    13) The MAGA side is actually chasing their tails by focusing on Biden's son. Could they pick a more irrelevant narrative to the lives of actual voters?
    14) Look how Trump is behaving these past few weeks. If he had a legit ace up his sleeve, would he be feeling so frustrated and angry?

#1020     Oct 23, 2020
    Frederick Foresight likes this.