RMBS - did u see that?? wtf

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by GregoryG, Jan 4, 2010.

1. GregoryG

GregoryG

sheeet.. how do i get access to these street rumors.

you both may be right - the rumor caused the idiot to push button?

#11     Jan 4, 2010
    #12     Jan 4, 2010
  3. GregoryG

GregoryG

#13     Jan 4, 2010
  4. jnbadger

jnbadger

Nasdaq cancelling all orders < 20.

#14     Jan 4, 2010
  5. GregoryG

GregoryG

of course:

----

Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 3:17 PM
    Subject: Clearly Erroneous Ruling "RMBS"

NASDAQ Operations has recently updated the status of the following NASDAQ Market System(s) to the NASDAQ Trader website:

Pursuant to Rule 11890(b) NASDAQ and NASDAQ OMX BX, on its own motion, has determined to cancel all trades in security Rambus Inc. (RMBS) at or below $20.73 that were executed in NASDAQ between 13:28:00 and 13:32:00 ET. This decision cannot be appealed. MarketWatch has coordinated this decision with other UTP Exchanges. NASDAQ will be canceling trades on the participant’s behalf.
    NEW - Clearly Erroneous Viewer Enhancements!

NASDAQ’s Reg Recon (http://www.nasdaqtrader.com/Trader.aspx?id=RegRecon) users can search for and file erroneous filings in seconds. In addition, you get real time status updates on your filings, have the ability to electronically negotiate adjustments and mutual breaks, and get a street-wide view of what is being adjudicated in the NASDAQ marketplace.

Find out what you're missing.

Please refer to the link for additional system status updates.

http://www.nasdaqtrader.com/Trader.aspx?id=MarketSystemStatus

Note: The text beginning with "http" in this mail message is a link to a NASDAQTrader.com page. If you can't click on the link in this message, cut and paste it into your browser's "Address" box (near the top of the browser window).

You may also have to cut and paste the link into the browser's "Address" box if it appears truncated.

#15     Jan 4, 2010
  6. Somebody whined loud enough to Daddy Nasdaq and got all their "erroneous" trades cancelled. Meanwhile, anyone who happened to buy below 20.73 and sell anywhere above that is now synthetically short the stock. Crap like this makes trading treacherous and the NASDAQ should not have caved.

#16     Jan 4, 2010
  7. the1

the1

Any hedge fund that doesn't have their heads in the sand knows about the on-going litigation with this firm and expects moves like that.

#17     Jan 4, 2010
  8. promagma

promagma

Daddy Nasdaq saved my butt today :)

#18     Jan 4, 2010
  9. fbell50

fbell50

Yep. That's what happened to me. Just got done scrambling to exit my unexpected short position. Situations like this make me appreciate the NYSE.

I wish this would happen to me when the stock doesn't bounce back. Just once would be nice.

#19     Jan 4, 2010
  10. what makes you dweebs think this cant happen on the NYSE? especially now that the spec is only good for maybe 200 shares if he feels frisky.

#20     Jan 4, 2010