RJ O'brien/ Tradestation

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by bandit77, May 28, 2007.

1. Tradestation doesn't clear their own futures trades. So they go through RJ Obrien. Anyone have an opinion of how stable/safe RJO is? Since futures accounts aren't insured, I worry. IB sweeps the cash from futures accounts into an insured account every night. I wish TS did the same.

2. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

3. Buddha_E

Buddha_E

RJ O'brien. Hmmm, A couple of years back been using them for my Pit trading activities. Been a while haven't heard of them, ever since I go electronic. One of the best! It is based in Chicago. Don't worry! It is safe. . .

4. Yeah, I don't think you have that much to worry about. They just got an infusion of private equity monies as well with the original RJO owners maintaining a minority interest. (I don't remember where I read that article though.)

FWIW - we use their web based platform to execute pit trades - though we're doing that less and less now as more contracts go electronic. But, it serves as a nice little backup trading platform. (We use a different IB than tradestation though).

-eLindy

5. I don't think so. The website says that E-trade securities accounts are insured. It says nothing about insured futures accounts that I can find. Can you show us exactly where it says futures accounts are insured?

6. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Give them a call. I am not sure myself, the link is on the futures page, so I assumed they cover all activity.

7. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

I suppose their reputation wins customers, I know what you are saying.

8. gkishot

gkishot

But their platform by Trading Technologies is free and all markets are accessible with no monthly fee. Plus as far as I know their commisions can be negotiated down.

9. Ares

Ares

Just open a separate account with Global Futures for each exchange and you 'll have X-Trader free with 4.75 R/T all in

E-trade charge 2.99+2.99+2.32 = $8.30 R/T CME minis

Poor idiots!!

#10     May 29, 2007