Rithmic API for Python

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by IAS_LLC, Jul 28, 2019.

1. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

Yup, that's what I said

#41     Nov 23, 2019
  2. moovin

moovin

I'm interested in the Python wrapper you wrote. Are you still willing to share it?

#42     Jun 2, 2020
  3. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

"Share", but there'd be a licensing fee, and it wouldn't be open source. It would be paid python api. I only had approximately 10 people, or so, express any real interest, which wouldn't really be worth the distraction for me.

If you must have it... PM me, and we can work something out.

#43     Jun 4, 2020
  4. I'm interested in the automated trading using Rithmic data connection. Would you be able to share the fees for your code and information about it. I am not a developer but definitely like to to learn to use API for automated trading. How can I PM you?

#44     Jun 8, 2020
  5. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

You can pm (private message) through this sites messaging system.

#45     Jun 8, 2020
  6. Hi all, I've put together a Python Rithmic Package that utilises the Rithmic Protocol Buffer API, check it out here: https://github.com/jacksonwoody/pyrithmic

Allows live tick data streaming, historical download of data and order management, requires access to Rithmic, really need their RITHMIC_PAPER_TRADING environment access

#46     Oct 16, 2023
    ndny.mmye1994, d08 and metalztrader like this.
  7. I went to your repo and followed the instructions but there are some problems that I encountered like RITHMIC_PAPER_TRADING.ini and RITHMIC_TEST.ini and key RITHMIC_CREDENTIALS_PATH. Can you give more instructions on how to use these. Because I just started coding 6 months ago, there are many things I don't understand. Thank you!

#47     Feb 20, 2024
  8. I registered so that I could write to you. Obviously you have hit a nerve with pyrithmic and I would like to contribute to presenting the information in a little more detail (also on github). I've emailed Rithmic support, but I'm not entirely clear which server address you need to specify for paper trading. And does it need an extra entry in the INI file for the market data? I can register for paper trading in RTrader and also see charts there, but to be honest I can't get anywhere with your API, but would like to use it. I think it's because of some settings, but I'm not quite sure which ones. Maybe others have the same problem.

#48     Feb 23, 2024
  9. Hi, sorry for the delay in replaying, for any environment to work, Test, Paper Trading or Live you need an ini file stored locally on your machine that has all the connection information, see example file attached, which I had to change the extension to 'txt' for the forum to accept, copy this and change it to RITHMIC_PAPER_TRADING.ini

Obviously change your_rithmic_user_name to whatever Rithmic gives you, likewise change your_password. For your_app_name, you'll have to agree this with Rithmic - when you do the conformance test they ask you to specify something they are expecting to see - lmk if you need help with this.

When you run your python script, your need an OS Environment Variable called RITHMIC_CREDENTIALS_PATH which points to where these files are saved. For example, if you have copied the above file and renamed to ini and you save to (on linux for example) /home/my_linux_username/tmp, your environment variable would be RITHMIC_CREDENTIALS_PATH=/home/my_linux_username/tmp

To set an environment variable for your OS, its different for each OS but just google set environment variable for windows, linux etc, lmk again if you get stuck here. You can always start your python script with:

Code:
    import os

os.environ['RITHMIC_CREDENTIALS_PATH'] = "/home/my_linux_username/tmp"
    Let me know how you get on

#49     Mar 4, 2024
    analgotrader likes this.
  10. Hi, see post above, it's a case of getting the right credential information from Rithmic and creating an ini file for the environment you want to use.

Rithmic are rather slow, if you want access to the API for Paper Trading for example (think you may have to pass conformance test on Test first, you need to pay $100 per month for access, they then give you the URL, username, password and you agree an app name for them. You can try on Test for free, it's very limited but if you get it working there, switching to Paper Trading or Live is simply changing environment in your code.

Does this help?

#50     Mar 4, 2024