Rithmic Announces Nonrenewal of Zen-Fire Use

Discussion in 'Events' started by jjw, Nov 14, 2013.

1. ZenFire will have to find somebody else or they will be toast. Along with the brokers who use Zenfire.

#11     Dec 19, 2013
  2. tlopez51

tlopez51

This is the response I got from from an Introducing Broker I would prefer to keep anonymous:

Zen-Fire will continue to work properly without any disruptions for Dorman clients. Zen-Fire will only be exclusive for Dorman IB's.

#12     Dec 19, 2013
  3. RobertG

RobertG

I am not an AMP customer, and I have been using Rithmic with Optimus Trading Group for years now. But, I was copied on the same email, and there was nothing wrong with it. AMP never said that Zen is no longer available, rather that they don't know how Zen will behave under a new infrastructure. As an FCM they have an obligation and the right to inform their customers even if used to move people to their own choice of feeds.

#13     Dec 20, 2013
  4. JamesL

JamesL

Mirus will continue to offer Zenfire for their RCG clients as well.

I would question the honesty of the IB who told you this.

#14     Dec 20, 2013
  5. feng456

feng456

This is strange. I have received no such email from them. I use Zenfire with AMP. WTF?

#15     Dec 21, 2013
  6. JamesL

JamesL

Dec. 18, 2013, Notice to Clients - Zenfire will no longer be supported at AMP Global Clearing

Notice - Zenfire will no longer be supported at AMP Global Clearing - December 18, 2013

It has become public knowledge that Rithmic has cancelled their contract with Zenfire: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=279841

We have not been provided any trading infrastructure architecture on Zenfire without Rithmic, so we have no idea what the effect will be.

We have not been provided any details on the specific date the Zenfire connection will suddenly not be able to connect; which in our opinion is exposing our customers to undue risk of being in an open trade when the connection is disabled.

This has all come to our attention within the past few weeks. Limited information has been provided to us or we would have provided notice sooner to our customers.

We apologize for this situation it is completely out of our control.

It is our suggestion you switch to either CQG or the AMP/TTnet data feed if you are using NinjaTrader as soon as possible.

Please follow the steps below to convert your existing NinjaTrader License key and connection to CQG.

In order to help minimize any unexpected changes, we have licensed the Rithmic data feed directly and you can seamlessly convert your Zenfire connection to Rithmic 01: http://ampfutures-rithmic.com/trading-platforms---free-trials.html

If you are using any of these Rithmic platforms, please email TDM@ampclearing.com your account number and state "Please convert my Zenfire connection to Rithmic".

Again, we do apologize for this sudden situation and we will work diligently to make any necessary changes for you, so the least amount of impact on your trading as possible.

Please call the 24 hour help desk if you need assistance: 312 893 6400 ext. 1 or email trading@ampclearing.com

#16     Dec 21, 2013
  7. feng456

feng456

Thanks James.

#17     Dec 22, 2013
  8. tlopez51

tlopez51

I was with Dorman/Mirus/Zenfire and their new technology BigTick before switching to AMP Futures/CQG due to constant service disconnects. CQG is solid as a rock whereas Zenfire and BigTick both proved to be less stable for my domain. I put out there what I was told are plans for Mirus from an IB that could have, had I contacted them earlier, introduced me to Mirus before I discovered them on my own. I believe only what I see. I was promised an unmatched service experience that turned out the be the opposite. Hence, I've been down that pike. If anyone wants my business they will have to not just put in words but also earn it. AMP is thus far better service than I have gotten elsewhere with the exception of TD. I've been with TD many years as compared to only a couple months here there with anyone else. I just can't get over the amount of BS that's out there just to gain someone's business. But it is a small world and what goes around comes around.

#18     Dec 22, 2013
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

check your spam/junk folder

#19     Dec 22, 2013
  10. feng456

feng456

always do...maybe i missed it but it's unlikely.

#20     Dec 23, 2013