Rithmic and EOTPRO Offer Virtual Private Servers at the CME Data Center In Aurora

Discussion in 'Events' started by jjw, Aug 9, 2012.

1. jjw

jjw ET Sponsor

Rithmic Announces that EOTPRO Now Offers Brand New Virtual Private Servers and Dedicated Servers on Rithmic's Network at the CME Data Center in Aurora

For traders interested in super low latency connectivity to Globex markets on Rithmic's network, EOTPRO now provides brand new virtual private servers and dedicated servers inside the CME Aurora Data Center in Illinois.

Details:

1. Virtual Aurora Servers - Only a Handful Left!
    1 core of an Intel E3-1280V2 chip, 3.6GHz clock speed
    7GB RAM, 1600MHz FSB
    450GB Disk Space protected by Raid 1, 7200 RPM
    VPS OS: Microsoft Windows Server Standard 2012
    $299/mth plus one time $80 activation fee (via Paypal recur billing)
    Please contact Shelly if interested at 604-467-2243 or shelly@eotpro.com

2. Dedicated Aurora Servers - Sold Out! Please contact candice@eotpro.com to be placed on a waiting list.
    1 Intel E3-1280V2 chip (4 cores), 3.6GHz clock speed
    32GB RAM, 1600MHz FSB
    2 x 2TB Disk Space, 7200 RPM, Raid 1 (Effectively 2 TB mirrored)
    Blade OS: Microsoft Windows Server Standard 2012; or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Update 3
    $499/mth plus one time $80 activation fee (via Paypal recur billing)
    Please contact Shelly if interested at 604-467-2243 or shelly@eotpro.com

You can also contact candice@eotpro.com for questions and availability.

#11     Apr 22, 2013
  2. jjw

jjw ET Sponsor

Virtual Aurora Servers - Only 5 Left!

EOTPRO tells me that they will waive the activation fee ($80) for 1 VPS for the first person to contact Candice or Shelly.

#12     Apr 28, 2013
  3. jjw

jjw ET Sponsor

#13     May 13, 2013
  4. Sounds interesting.

Just been reading up on the Rithmic offering and looking at your high level architecture diagram.

http://www.rithmic.com/images/rithmic_workflow_small.png

A couple of questions:

1. What function do the Market Data Normalizers perform? Do you aggregate the market data you receive from Globex?

2. What is the difference between the R | Diamond API and the normal R | API detailed on your website.

If I was to open up an account with one of the partner FCMs listed on your website (e.g. Vision Financial) then obviously my latency will be totally dependent on the location of their Rithmic installation. I'm assuming that since you are actively marketing the EOTPRO service that all your partner FCMs have their Rithmic infrastructure also co-located at Aurora data center (otherwise co-locating your strategy in Aurora is pointless). Can you confirm this is the case please.

Thanks

#14     May 13, 2013
  5. jjw

jjw ET Sponsor

#15     Jun 5, 2013
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi JJw,

I am interested in accessing KRX to trade KOSPI 200 futures. What kind if feed do you provide to this exchange?

Thanks

#16     Jun 6, 2013
  7. jjw

jjw ET Sponsor

We can get market data from KRX through globex. Interest in this market data has been lacking so we do not get it. It is my understanding that to trade on KRX through globex you must have an acount with a Korean broker. I am not aware of any Korean brokers who offer the use of our software.

#17     Jun 6, 2013
  8. Anyone interested in splitting the cost of a server? I would need to run Ninja Trader (with zenfire), so if you run some other software, I would think we not have a conflict. I trade futures. Maybe we could get around 4 traders to go in. I don't do HFT, so I would not be hogging the server's resources, and if you are going to use most of the server, I would like to pay less than what you are paying.

Also, would not mind help with automating my strategies so I would not need to log in to the server that much.

#18     Jun 8, 2013
  9. Does Rithmic have public servers in NJ now ?

I ask for the following reasons :

1) i would like to standardize on R | Api for futures/options/and stocks
    2) CBOE moved to NJ
    3) Bats is in NJ

#19     Jun 9, 2013
  10. jjw

jjw ET Sponsor

We have space at Equinix NY4 in Secaucus, New Jersey. The CBOE and Direct Edge have their matching engines there. We also have a connection to BATS from there but our association with BATS will end at the close of the last trading day of this month. We are, however, in the process of connecting up to Direct Edge.

#20     Jun 9, 2013