Risky invesment

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cacciatore, Dec 30, 2007.

1. I talked to one of Edward Jones financial advisor about investing my money:
    “ Open an account at TRowePrice or TIAA-CREF. Sign up for their automatic investment program for 4 different funds. One of the funds should be an intermediate term bond index fund. Put that fund in your Roth account and invest in it every 2nd week of the month. Another fund should be a total US index fund. Invest in that fund every first week of the month. Another fund should be a total international index fund. Invest in that fund every 3rd week of the month. The last fund should be a small cap index fund. Invest in that fund every 4th week of the month. ”

However, I’m thinking about making a risky investment instead. I wanted to know if there are any investments out there that could double, triple or even quadruple my money. I want to try something different and this is not about looking for a quick fix either.

I have 8k in my savings and wanted to make a risky investment of about 3k-5k to achieve greater returns. I promise you I will have no regrets. Lets just say its my money to burn and your just helping me how. I was thinking about forex but I would like to hear other people's opinion first.

Any suggestions and/or ideas?

Thanks

2. Hello, I believe you're sincere but I offer no advise.

If it were me, however, with less than 10 k in savings I would simply retain 2k in cash and put the rest into a CD.
    Really

Best,

infolode

PS Don't accept anyone's offers to manage your money.