Risky Crypto Bet Blows Up Dennis Gartman's Retirement Account

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by truetype, Feb 21, 2018.

1. truetype

truetype

2. DaveV

DaveV

If you read the article what Gartman did was bet his retirement money on buying Riot BlockChain, a company that has zero to do with Crypto. All the company did was change its name from Bioptix hoping to fool some traders. And I guess it fooled Gartman.

3. zdreg

zdreg

I doubt he invested too much. he will be back on CNBC.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  4. d08

d08

Just shows what scams many of these micro pharmas are. One day developing drugs, the next leaving it all behind and jumping on a trend bandwagon in completely different sector.

VPhantom and ET180 like this.
  5. Dennis has got the be the biggest idiot. You're telling me the only due diligence he did to invest a sizeable portion of the fund was to read the stocks name and that was it. That's all he did was read the name and he considers that enough due diligence.

And he's managing other people's money??? They should sue his ass.

Fileiro and SunTrader like this.
  6. lindq

lindq

Fileiro, VPhantom and Clubber Lang like this.
  7. I agree with everything except for the suing part.....anyone investing with Gartman is probably just as big of a dumbass and probably deserves it.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  8. SunTrader

SunTrader

"Bitcoin is nonsense". No investing in a pharma rebranding itself blockchain company is nonsense.

9. KevinD

KevinD

As if the other 10,000 horrific market calls weren't enough evidence that this guy blows.

#10     Feb 21, 2018
    Clubber Lang and Superstar2317 like this.