Riskarb's combo to fly conversion journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by riskarb, Jan 12, 2006.

1. thats why we have momomey translate....

QUOTE]Quote from Aristotle:

I honestly have no idea what riskarb is talking about, but it sounds mighty impressive. Is it Arabic? [/QUOTE]

#51     Jan 13, 2006
  2. Thanks. Any put+call combination is a combo.

Basically, yes. I am not married to the 70/80 wings; I may choose to trade the 65/85 wing strikes.

#52     Jan 13, 2006
  3. Nordic

Nordic

Thanks Risk,

That was my question also. The wings are at the traders discretion

#53     Jan 13, 2006
  4. Sorry Nordic, missed your earlier post.

#54     Jan 13, 2006
  5. B , more of the same...

#55     Jan 15, 2006
  6. Riskarb,

Planning anymore combos today/tomorrow? Or all set for Feb and waiting for conversions?

MoMoney.

#56     Jan 19, 2006
  7. pulled up the CME straddle at random. It's up over 10% since the call.

#57     Jan 19, 2006
  8. Hey risk,

Still very new to this, so I hope you don't mind the rudimentary question, but what's the best profit scenario from these positions? Are you hoping the underlying of the initial straddle flatlines til expiration or are you trying to put the wings on? If IV is decreasing and you're capturing theta would you ever just leave it alone?

Thanks,

- The New Guy

#58     Jan 19, 2006
  9. I'm going to run new tickers today near the close, and update the current positions. I haven't look at that quote page this morning, but I will try to keep the near-neutral combos through the weekend. I am sure some will be flied, such as the CME.

#59     Jan 19, 2006
  10. In reality, I am prone to hold those positions that show a decreasing gamma/theta and/or trading near neutrality. I am inclined to fly those positions that show a large mark-down on vol, as the wings will become cheap. Often a drop in vol will produce a riskless fly with an expectancy that makes simply covering the short combo less desirable.

#60     Jan 19, 2006