Risk/Reward

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Spectre2007, Jan 10, 2007.

1. long sp500
    short 10 year note 30 year bonds
    long usd/jpy
    long gbp/jpy

#11     Mar 6, 2007
  2. I was thinking of what stocks I would invest in, for the next leg up. Stocks I would hold for a few years.

Nvidia
    Apple
    HP
    NYSE
    Electronic Arts
    CSCO
    Intel
    CME
    CBOT
    Sony
    Playboy
    Microsoft

I especially like Nvidia, has potential to hit +50 dollars, in a year.

#12     Mar 6, 2007
  3. currency markets just did a major stop run..

#13     Mar 6, 2007
  4. asia is not behaving as expected. SPoos will open negative tommorrow. selling spoos in night session now.

#14     Mar 6, 2007
  5. USDJPY will test 122.00.

Most carry trades will be placed again. Equities and bonds look as if they will test their highs again.

I must warn everyone, that there is break similar to March 2000 approaching. Where there is a disregard against macro forces impinging on the market which are clearly evident.

The markets are surmising that this market is untouchable. And the marketplace is being trained similar to the tech bubble, that this market will continue to rally.

This is how fleecing of the average citizen occurs. The markets convince the average citizen to make riskier bets, but the trick is to convince people that there is no risk. This happened in late 90's.

And the rug is pulled out from underneath. Its how money in general is stolen from the masses by a rare few.

Chris

#15     Mar 8, 2007
  6. the market doesn't feel right. My gut is telling me, the equity markets are in trouble over the intermediate term.

there is too much inventory before recession fears materialize themselves in the real world.

short term its trying to make a run for a test of its highs. The Fed will change it tune to of overt hawkishness.

Bernanke has been upstaged by Greenie, and he will make his voice have a forceful impact on the market.

people will sell inventory into rallies, before the summer starts, another significant move wont be attempted till 3rd 4th quarter.

#16     Mar 9, 2007
  7. Same situation, the market doesn't feel right.

1) Equity Carnage
    2) Yen unwind
    3) Dollar Carnage/relative to other pairs
    4) Bond Rally( 5 handles)

#17     Mar 18, 2007