Risk of system being copied by broker?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Minime, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Time is not the only issue. If you place a buy limit at 1000, the piggybacker could enter a buy order later at 1003 before your order is triggered.
    I am wondering how successful traders protect themselves from front running. I can only think of the following cases that you can be safe.
    1. You own a brokerage firm.
    2. You have an insider relationship with the firm, and know they will not copy your trades.
    3. The traders of the firm are just as successful or trading in the same way as you are. They don't need to copy your trades.

#21     Jul 21, 2002
    #22     Jul 21, 2002
  3. trader99

trader99

Yep. Brokers are so ignorant about trading and the markets that they will NEVER be able to figure out anything NOR do they even have the intentions/desires or the BALLS to risk anything. They just want to be the middle man and earning that stupid commission each time a customer trades.

So, don't even worry about these class of people. The very LAST set of people I would think that would be able to trade at all are brokers.

#23     Jul 21, 2002
  4. Brokers don't need to see your systems, they have figured out how to tap directly into your computer and execute the trade as soon as your systems generate signals. Just a little humor.

#24     Jul 23, 2002
  5. Since few years I'm locking how to add code to protect my Strategy with ACCOUNT ID

With MQL4
    I ADD THIS CODE :

IF (Account != AccountNumber())
    {
    Alert ( " Wrong Account Number" );
    return(0);
    }

But in TradeSation , Nothing Work !!
    Any Suggestions

#25     Feb 5, 2018