"Risk is not high, it is extreme."

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Screw your whining.

I happen to agree with the author.

Wah wah wah.

#21     Sep 22, 2009
  2. dhpar

dhpar

yup. and i tend to agree with some of wikipedia.

go fuck yourself - everybody can read news on internet. you do not need to repost them here in order to dig out opinions from ET members to be able to interpret the facts.

we used to have dickheads like this in internal audit... :cool:

#22     Sep 22, 2009
  3. jnorty

jnorty

we heard the same shit in 2007. I was short in 2007 and scared shitless as the hype was unbearable. let me jar your memory. remember these"THE AMOUNT OF CASH CO'S HAVE ON THERE BALANCE SHEET IS EQUAL TO 25% OF THE TOTAL CAP OF THE ENTIRE MKT""CASH ON THE SIDELINES MEANS THE MKT WON'T FALL"PRIVATE EQUITY WILL BUY OUT 1/2 THE CO'S ON THE MKT AS THEY'RE DIRT CHEAP" PROFIT MARGINS ARE THE HIGHEST IN HISTORY AND STOCKS ARE UNDERVALUED"threwout history nothing changes. this whole rally was planned and carried out by the us gov't so co's could sell 100's of billions of stock and re capitalize.all that happened was a misuse of capital that will prolong the slump as 1000's of co's that should have gone under were saved.

#23     Sep 22, 2009
  4. When's the last time you looked in the mirror?

I've elaborated a plenty on why the economy is in for a double dipper, el douche bag.

If you're going to disagree with Mish and construct a growth case, go for it.

Your incessant whining is just nails on the chalkboard.

#24     Sep 22, 2009
  5. Economy looks fine from where I sit (Phila). New restaurants opening everywhere and they're full. Center City Philadelphia was a madhouse last weekend - tourists everywhere, sidewalk cafes packed. All of my summer vacation spots were overflowing. In the Spring, a bunch of country clubs were rumored to be in trouble because members were resigning - they ended up losing way less members than expected and all are fine now.

On the down side, yes, there are plenty of commercial, retail, and office vacancies, even in some primo areas. Its not a disaster though. Economy seems to be humming along.

#25     Sep 22, 2009
  6. Keep posting the articles.

They make interesting reading and counter the bull bull bull shit we see in all the Australian papers. Here the papers are playing for their advertisers and its rare to see anything doubtful.

Note that we are also told how our beloved leader is leading your leaders around by their proverbial noses. Kev rules the world.

#26     Sep 22, 2009
  7. Thanks. I love truth in the face of the government lies.

#27     Sep 22, 2009
  8. I agree. They are pushing the problem down the road. It will not stop until china refuses to buy any more bonds. That would cause a huge backup in rates, a depression here and disaster for china's export sector, so I tend to think some exogenous event will force them to stop buying, eg a massive natural disaster or something similar.

#28     Sep 22, 2009
  9. That wouldn't surprise me.

#29     Sep 22, 2009
  10. Bingo. The government has basically rigged things so that banks, REITs, insurers etc can appear profitable and issue stock. At some point the music stops.

#30     Sep 22, 2009