Risk Control Settings Removed on TopStepTrader's Platform

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by JohnnyJones, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Tell us when you earned back all the money you spent on them. Wish you good luck.

P.S.:Maybe the market was trying to tell you something, you just didn't listen.

P.S.S.: That we are allowed to criticize a vendor is a sign of Baron's integrity. TST is actually taking it in a good way (kudos for that). If a business can't stand a little harder look, then there is definitely something to hide. I am seriously impressed by their numbers.

#31     Apr 29, 2020
  2. traderjo

traderjo

Would you not have been better off instead opening an account on your name with that 20K you have spent on test fees... and use same rules? .. and after spending 20 K and 6 years whta sort of ACTUAL money ( not notional) account you get to trade?
    Am I missing something here all this does not make sense

#32     Apr 29, 2020
  3. You're right. It was my ego which led me to my failure all these years.

#33     Apr 29, 2020
  4. I wouldn't have been able to use the same rules because there was no one to stop me from doing stupid things. I blew up 2 live accounts prior to joining TST. Others may be different since we all have different backgrounds. I guess I needed to get beat up by the market over and over to realize that my pride and ego don't stand a chance against the smart money.

After 20K and 6 years of time spent, I believe that I have high probability of not blowing up another trading account by doing stupid things. I will finally be able to trade valuable time for real $.

#34     Apr 29, 2020
  5. traderjo

traderjo

YOU must be an ardent fan of this model....but one last time.. how much funding ( real money in account ) you got after spending all that money on test upon test! ( at the end of the day it is your money and choice but do you see why many people do label this as hamster wheel !
    how many people try few times fork out $150-300 and then forget it... and how many really get funded... where as a True Prop like https://www.genesistrading.com.au/faq/
    ( Disclaimer: I am not associated with this firm )
    We do not charge for the training program. It’s 100% free. We are confident we could charge for it – our program is world class. However, we want to develop traders for Genesis so we are happy to bear the cost of finding, training and developing the best aspiring traders out there.

#35     Apr 29, 2020
    Pkay likes this.
  6. Pkay

Pkay

Thanks, will check them out.

#36     May 8, 2020
  7. Here are some recent changes to TopstepTrader's Funded accounts- most notably--the new 2% rule - Trading will be restricted at or around Daily Price Limits. Initiating or holding active positions within 2% of a product’s Daily Price Limit is not permitted (See CME Price Limits)

See further details at : https://bit.ly/2WJ76gR

While they can change/delete this new 2% rule at any time -- it can be a pain on days such as today when the markets open up gapping greater than 2% and continue higher all day - I could be wrong but I think that would mean you couldnt trade all day on a day like today if that was the case.

Perhaps someone from TopStep on this forum can clarify for everyone
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Funded Account®
    Please note that trading outside of these temporary parameters will result in the loss of your Funded Account.

Futures Funded Account

• $30K & $50K accounts will be capped at 2 lots. $100K & $150K accounts will be capped at 3 lots.
    • Trading hours will be restricted to between 5:30 PM CT and 3:10 PM CT on regular trading days (See the CME calendar for Holiday trading hours)
    • Crude Oil trading is currently suspended due to high volatility of the product
    • Trading will be restricted at or around Daily Price Limits. Initiating or holding active positions within 2% of a product’s Daily Price Limit is not permitted (See CME Price Limits)

#37     May 18, 2020