Risk Control Settings Removed on TopStepTrader's Platform

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by JohnnyJones, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Topstep

Topstep

Thank you all for the conversation! We’d love to chime in to address some concerns that were brought up.

TopstepTrader has funded over 1,400 futures traders so far in 2020 (more than we funded in all of 2019!). Our mission is to provide a safe experience so traders can professionalize their passion and successfully trade our live capital.

We’ve created risk parameters that we believe promote sound capital management and give our traders the best chance of success in the Funded Account. Since a Funded Account at Topstep is not a personal brokerage account, traders do not have the ability to directly adjust risk parameters to their choosing. Each tier of Funded Account has its own standard daily loss limit. Any trader in a Funded Account who wishes to lower their daily loss limit can contact our risk manager to discuss their request.

Topstep will not close a Funded Account simply because a trader forgot to roll a contract. If someone trades the incorrect contract month, our Risk Manager will notify them to move to the correct month. It is possible that in the course of trading the wrong contract, a trader may incur a big loss thereby violating their loss limit. Again, we have these rules set in place to help protect our traders and their accounts to the best of our ability.

We hope this clears up any confusion. If you have additional questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us at support@topsteptrader.com or call us at (888) 407-1611 to speak to us directly.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    #21     Apr 27, 2020
    Baron likes this.
  2. traderjo

traderjo

TST not a scam per say... as in taking your money and running away ... but "Guess they make more money out of the 95%,Than on the 5% that do succeed." is a fair criticism leveled against them... enough has been said about this business model.. one day regulator's will have a very very hard and closer look ...I hope

#22     Apr 27, 2020
    Pekelo likes this.
  3. It's hilarious watching people accusing TST being a scam. If you can't play by their rules, then move on with your life. Original poster posted the exact same topic verbatim at futures.io and was banned LOL. There is no need to complain here because it solves nothing. There is a reason why over 90% of people fail at trading. I'm sure over 90% of people on this forum don't make a penny. I, on the other hand want to thank TST for having strict rules. Many people may make fun of me, but I've been with them for over 6 years (yes YEARS not MONTHS). Just recently after failing many times over and over, I was finally able to obtain a funded account.

Am I happy that it took this long? No. However, I probably would've blown up my account over and over if it wasn't for TST. The reason it took me this long isn't because of their "strict" rules. It was because of "me". Once you finally realize your eureka moment, you too can succeed at this.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    #23     Apr 28, 2020
    jtlexington and qaz like this.
  4. Have to agree with the not a scam side. Same as has been said already, the rules are black and white. If you break them over and over, well that's on you to learn. I've done it myself, any reset I fully own as me pushing things too far, considered them learning lessons and having to pay to reset is enough of a zing to make you think twice the next time. After a few zings, I'm on the tail end of Step 2 and looking forward to the next step. Definitely have changed my trading style from when I started because of these lessons, and now I'll get to reap the rewards.

#24     Apr 28, 2020
  5. fan27

fan27

So after six years of paying for the monthly subscription, you finally we able to get a funded account? How much have you cleared in profits vs the subscription you have been paying for six years?

#25     Apr 28, 2020
    traderjo likes this.
  6. traderjo

traderjo

#26     Apr 28, 2020
  7. I still have long way to go because I probably spent close to 20K if I include all the reset. I was able to complete the pro account recently, so I've cleared about a quarter of my total investment.

#27     Apr 29, 2020
  8. I spent close to 20K over the span of my trading career with TST. I started off with 30K like most but realized that trading with 100K account using 30K parameter was more than enough for me to reach my daily goal and stay disciplined. Every person is unique in this business and after blowing up 2 trading accounts, I never wanted to go back trading with my own capital without having strict rules for myself. I couldn't do this with my own money, so I decided to jump on board with TST. It has taken me over than 6 years to do finally be where I'm at, but I'm happy because I know I can use TST to build capital and use a small portion of the profit that I make to open up my personal account at the same time.

#28     Apr 29, 2020
  9. fan27

fan27

I assume you have a "regular job" outside of trading with TST?

#29     Apr 29, 2020
  10. Yes lol. I couldn't have done this without one.

#30     Apr 29, 2020