Rising Interest Rate is a good thing!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by HeSaidSheSaid, Jan 6, 2022.

1. As long as the yield curve doesnt invert, rising rates are good for oil, financials, and some commodities. However, rising rates are horrible for technology and consumer discretionaries. Good Bye Nasdaq, nice knowing you !!!!

#11     Jan 7, 2022
  2. piezoe

piezoe

No,

#12     Jan 7, 2022
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

Just what I'd expect an insufferable fool to say. Rudyard Kipling was right.

#13     Jan 8, 2022
  4. yea.... no.....

#14     Jan 8, 2022
    piezoe likes this.
  5. piezoe

piezoe

The U.S. is at full employment. The next two years will see an extraordinarily strong economy with everyone, especially those in the bottom half of the middle class, doing well. The greatest risk of our middle class prosperity train derailment is the possible loss of the House and Senate to Trump's Party in January 2023 -- it's a real possibility of course because we are too often irrational in our decision making. We are strangely susceptible to disinformation even when the truth is staring us in the face. It's an oddly human malady. Trump's party runs on disinformation; the wrong message brought by the right messenger.

#15     Jan 8, 2022
  6. MKTrader

MKTrader

Little Piehole's MMT and leftist fantasies. It's all but guaranteed, he/she/it/whatever has never made dime off trading or any other legit business activities--maybe off the taxpayer's dime or rent-seeking, though. We've been in the biggest psyop and gaslighting narrative in my life. Anyone who thinks they're staring at the truth has been programmed to Orwellian levels, where "rational" means the opposite.

#16     Jan 8, 2022
    apdxyk likes this.
  7. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

That is a joke post, right?

#17     Jan 8, 2022
  8. piezoe

piezoe

It is not a joke. I am dead serious. Look at the economy. Look at the data. Look at the increase in wages and compare that to inflation. People at the bottom end are doing much netter now. Ask yourself, am I doing better now than i was three years ago?

#18     Jan 8, 2022
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Three years ago, people had to pay rent and student loans. Now they do not have to. There's a difference between then and now?

#19     Jan 8, 2022
  10. piezoe

piezoe

That is certainly a factor in why the economy is doing so well. There has been a huge boost on the demand side. When you put more money in the hands of the wealthy it does relatively little to boost the economy. When you put money in the hands of people who will spend it , you get a huge boost. Everyone does better, well almost everyone. I think you can make a sound argument that everyone, even the wealthy do better when you have an honest economy with lower wage workers making a living wage rather than being subsidized by government. Which is better, government paid education and lower rates of imprisonment, or government paid food and higher rates of imprisonment? I am a capitalist. I prefer the former.

We have huge demand for labor coming up. We'll see further improvement in wages and some continued moderate inflation until supply can catch up with increased demand.

#20     Jan 8, 2022