Rising Debt May Cause Sun to Set on U.S. Economy: Chart of Day

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Ah...someone who knows Capital Structure.

#11     Sep 17, 2009
  2. You have to also include the fact that the U.S. is like General Motors (at least, how it used to be), given the demographic segmentation, with 1 active worker soon to support 3 retirees.

That inverted pyramid will ensure that taxes for things such as social security, medicare, etc., will demand a greater % of the working aged population's paychecks than ever before...

#12     Sep 17, 2009
  3. The US won't have 1 active worker for 3 retirees, that's Japan...

The US will be a relatively young country with all the immigration going on.

#13     Sep 17, 2009
  4. +1

#14     Sep 17, 2009
  5. with all time low interest rates yes it is 3%

what happens if interest rates rise when China stops buying US bonds?

#15     Sep 19, 2009
  6. pupu

pupu

China and the US hold each other by the b*lls. if one makes a bad move both end up in sh*t

#16     Sep 19, 2009
  7. bit

bit

Which country would be worse off? Also, which country would recover first?

#17     Sep 19, 2009
  8. Obama ( the black republican ) did the correct first step in eliminating wasteful military spending by the republican crooks.

Remove all troops from foreign nations. We will not be winning any wars anytime soon.

Par away at wasteful invasions and pie-in-the-sky republican military spending, and we'll be paying off the debt to the international bankers at a faster rate.

Eliminating the federal reserve and further disenfranchising the crooked republican elite and their right wing nonsensical illiterate supporters is another required step towards national progress.

#18     Sep 19, 2009
  9. lrm21

lrm21

I guarantee it wont be China.

I like how libertarians complain of the FED selling us down the river but they ascribe some mythical power to China the most centrally planned economy after North Korea and Cuba.

WTF?

I don't get it.

#19     Sep 20, 2009