Rise up baby

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Wouldn't it be something if equities day traders sat on the sidelines one day....

Wouldn't it be interesting to see what would happen to the volume and liquidity on the nasdaq?

What if the whole point was to try and kill the PDT rule? We're all constantly reading these posts from people who want to learn how to trade, but cannot do so due to the rule. I don't agree with it, and yes, it will probably help more people than it will hurt, but aren't we supposed to have the right to sink or swim by ourselves? Aren't we all grownups here (except pussy)???

2. You have a point Bungrider.

I love the "protect people from themselves" rules.

I really prefer the futures markets now that I've gotten used to them, and the lack of PDT rules.

Even though the rule doesn't have an effect on me, I think it was really stupid. Plenty of friends had to quit trading because of the 25K deal. Some have morphed to swing traders and some have moved to spx/oex options. I know that the lack of trading by the small circle I dealt with had an effect on tax revenue collected by the rats at the IRS from those traders.

I'd be all for a PDT boycott. It would be a good move to support the brethren who lack the required capitalization.

3. That's cool. I think we all feel the same way about our "friends" at the SEC and what their main interests are.

Personally, I'm mainly interested in seeing what the nas would be like without the volume and liquidity from independent day traders. I would assume it would be alot like what the nas was like before the new order handling rules came out.

The PDT boycott would be a nice side project to go along with the "strike," and I think it would be great to help the undercapitalized people out in realizing their rights that were "guaranteed" to them in the constitution.

Of course this is all pure daydreaming....