Rise of the BULLS....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, May 4, 2009.

1. S2007S

S2007S

May 4th, 2009:

Citigroup's stock strategist Tobias Levkovich warns the market's naysayers could be proven wrong, and this could be an above-average bear market rally.

Goldman Sachs strategists said they see progress on a number of economic fronts and are now boosting their exposure to cyclical stocks. Laszlo Birinyi says, if you look at history, it looks like the market's still moving higher.

And finally, I talked to Brown Brothers Harriman's Brian Rauscher, a long-time bear who turned bullish in early March. He was concerned last month that the market could be showing signs of moving too far, too fast. But today, I asked him in an email if he's still thinks the market will go higher. He answered: "May have take a deep breath to get through 900 (a day or so), but this market is moving higher.."

May 4th, 2009:

Tim Seymour
    I’m very excited by the action, adds the Ambassador. I expect to see more investors pile in all around the world on Tuesday.

Joe Terranova
    I’ve said it before, but I still think there are trillions of dollars sitting on the sidelines that are about to come into this market and if and when that happens, it should chase the S&P higher, muses the Liquidator. I’m keeping an eye on two events this week, he adds, unemployment figures and the results of the stress tests. If they’re not bearish I think we could see price action well north of 900 in the S&P.

May 4th, 2009:

Goldman Sachs’ Abby Joseph Cohen, says the S&P 500 could jump 17 percent to 1050 in six months.
    “You could see the market sustain at these levels,” she tells Bloomberg.

April 30th, 2009:

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif, April 29 (Reuters) - Sumner Redstone, executive chairman of CBS Corp (CBS.N), said on Wednesday that he thinks the U.S. stock market is at the start of a bull market.

April 30th, 2009:

Fidelity International president of investments Anthony Bolton believes a bull market has already kicked off in equities and that financial shares are set to drive recent gains higher.

April 27th, 2009:

U.S. 'Bull Market' is Starting: Strategist
    Posted By:CNBC.com

Hugh Johnson of Johnson Illington Advisors told CNBC that it's time to start buying stocks again.

May 1st, 2009:

"Because of the money on the sidelines and the negative sentiment, it seems to us that there's a lot more room for upside here," said Andy Engel, a senior analyst at Leuthold.

May 4 (Bloomberg) --

U.S. investors should stick with stocks and ignore the axiom of “sell in May and go away,” according to David Bianco, UBS AG’s chief equity strategist.

May 4 (Bloomberg) --

Emerging-market stocks may “break out” into a bull market at the end of the year as falling interest rates and easing inflation make equities more attractive, Templeton Asset Management Ltd.’s Mark Mobius said.

Mobius reiterated that emerging markets are “building a base” for the next rally.

2. These guys are all pumping their own books. They are hoping for a new bull rally. But who's going to buy here? Retail traders are dead. The only ones pumping this right now are the investment banks and long hedge funds.

I love when they come out and upgrade their forecasts at the top of a range.

3. Half the boobs on that list scream "BUY" every chance they get.

Abby Joseph Cohen is one of the worst in the business. Total disaster show.

I guarantee almost all of them are lagging the S&P so far this year.