RIP Tampa

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by chopper77, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Schaefer

Schaefer

RIP Tampa, your humor, and your wits will be sorely missed...

Schaefer

#21     Oct 18, 2006
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

Appreciate Mr. Sub calling that thread to my attention. Here is a link to tampa's final journal which contained his last posts at ET. It only ran for a few weeks, and was mostly a promotion for his short-lived trading blog (the links no longer work). BTW, his exclamation of "Moving this journal to Chit Chat is highly offensive to me" wasn't in response to the journal actually being moved there (since it wasn't), but to another poster's suggestion that it be done. In any case enjoy these posts, for while he visited ET regularly over the past year he never posted here again.

tampa's journal
    (begun and ended Sept '05)

#22     Oct 18, 2006
  3. Bobby made me fall in love with talk radio in Tampa so many years ago. He was without question the best at what he did. I called his show many times and Ill tell you I trembled every time. The guy scared the piss out of me. But he was genuine. Frightful but genuine. At least I believe he was. Lots of fond memories, from the infamous airstream call to Lionel goading him to Valrico Bob. Lots of nice memories indeed. Thanks Bob.

#23     Oct 18, 2006
  4. Just read about the passing of Tampa in the "Notable ET Celebs" thread.

I always tuned into his threads because he was so dang funny.

I remember once telling him he should be a comedian.

I guess he was more than that wasn't he?

RIP Tampa

#24     Nov 2, 2006
  5. mg_mg

mg_mg

Big cheese, you will be missed.

#25     Dec 18, 2006
  6. JB3

JB3

RIP Big Cheese. Still the funniest thread on ET.

#26     Jan 4, 2008