RIP Tampa

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by chopper77, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Hey,

Dunno if anyone kept up with tampa after he left ET, but apparently he passed away a few days ago.

http://www.bloglassiter.com

Funny guy, it's a shame.

[Edit by Magna:] FOR A SHORT WHILE THIS WILL SIT IN THE JOURNALS FORUM SO THAT THE MANY PEOPLE WHO READ TAMPA'S JOURNALS WILL SEE THE ANNOUNCEMENT. LATER THIS WILL BE MOVED TO CHIT CHAT.

2. Joab

Joab

Are you SURE ????

He was always a practical joker and I wouldn't put it past him to pull a stunt like this.

If it's true too bad .... he will be missed.

I know that he and I tangled several times on many threads but it was always FUN and in good spirit.

Tampa,

If your gone your in my prays my friend.

3. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is true, his whole blog for the last 6 months has pretty much been about him dying.

I put this in the Journals section because that's where he made all his posts! That shit was epic!

4. Magna

Magna Administrator

Yes it's true, Bob/tampa has died. I have followed his blog for the past year chronicling his thoughts and regrets as diabetes ravaged his body at a relatively young age. Even when he could no longer post he liked to check in at ET, his final visit coming on Oct 8th. Here's links to his two journals:

tampa's "short skirt" trades...
    (begun Sept '02)

tampa's Revenge
    (begun Dec '04)

He and I PM'd each other regularly and he was an insightful and hilarious person, totally irreverent. I still have my final PM from him this past August where we were discussing The Mighty Favog (a Jim Henson character from the early days of SNL that he had mentioned in his blog). Afterwards he said, "I kinda miss posting my journal... I wish that I was up to starting another one - I'm sure that there are enough new members around here who would be taken in with my nonsense." I feel very sad that he's gone. May he rest in peace.

5. Very sad. I knew he was in declining health so it's no shock but humanity has taken a hit....

6. Very sad news. Tampa will be missed.

7. If anyone knows his wife, Mary, and any family, please pass on my sympathy.

8. Joab

Joab

This is sooooo sad :( :( :(

I will miss his fast wit and his signature "You sir are a fool". :p

May GOD Bless you Tampa and my deepest sincerest regards to the family.

9. "Shortly after his retirement, Lassiter experienced a serious downward slide in his health. A lifelong and unrepentant smoker, he had long ignored the advice of his physicians, and after he was diagnosed with diabetes in about 1990 he had ignored the problem until it the disease had advanced considerably. Between 2000 and the present, he would lose 40 percent of his foot, receive treatment for bladder cancer, experience slow decline in kidney function, and slowly lose his eyesight."

i wonder. would he still be alive had he taken better care of himself? a lesson for us all i guess. dont abuse your body. its the only one you have.

#10     Oct 16, 2006