RIP, Spygate May 24th, 2018 — May 25th, 2018

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, May 25, 2018.

1. exGOPer

exGOPer

Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) says it might not be a good idea for President Trump to keep pushing his “SpyGate” claims that the FBI spied on his 2016 campaign.

In an interview with Hugh Hewitt, Graham was asked whether Trump is right to call the commotion “SpyGate” after the Department of Justice briefed officials yesterday on the informant who told the FBI about the Trump campaign’s connections to Russia. Graham didn’t attend the meeting (though Trump lawyer Emmet Flood did), but he explained that spies and informants are not the same thing, even if protocol changes should be taken into consideration.

“A confidential informant is not a spy. I
    don’t know if there’s a reason to have a confidential informant following a campaign. But let’s put it this way. There needs to be some protocols in place if this ever happens again. Right now, there are rules saying you can’t, you know, you don’t want investigations to change political cycles. So there’s rules about, you know, ending and starting investigations because of the political cycle. There’s also rules about going into a lawyer’s office. That’s a big deal. There should be some rules about surveilling a major party nominee’s campaign. And there probably is not any.

When Hewitt followed up and asked if Trump should keep using the term “SpyGate,” Graham answered “I don’t know. Probably not, but I don’t know. I didn’t go to the meeting. I don’t think he’s a spy.” From there, the two discussed Stefan Halper‘s involvement with the Trump campaign and the likelihood of him being questioned over his connections to the Steele dossier.

You can listen to the interview here (start at the 1:30 mark), via The Hugh Hewitt Show.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/lin...pygate-a-confidential-informant-is-not-a-spy/

destriero, TRS and Tony Stark like this.
  2. jem

jem

lol....

graham has gone from # 2 deep state spokesmodel to #1 spokesmodel and with McCain's cancer.

and all he had was I was not there I don't know but there is a difference between a C.I. and a spy.

If a C.I. is coordinating information gathering with the FBI its spying.
    But. the distinction makes no difference.

Does it matter if the info gathering by the FBI was done with and informant or a spy? Its still info gathering which is the same for all intents and purposes as spying.

3. Cuddles

Cuddles

4. Cuddles

Cuddles

5. Remember ''Show the evidence?''
    well . . . . they have now seen the evidence ,
    and it can no longer be denied. Trump is in deep shit.

TRS likes this.
  6. ‘Trump’s Son Should Be Concerned’: FBI Obtained Wiretaps Of Putin Ally Who Met With Trump Jr.
    The wiretaps feature conversations between Alexander Torshin and Alexander Romanov, a convicted Russian money launderer.

The FBI has obtained secret wiretaps collected by Spanish police of conversations involving Alexander Torshin, a deputy governor of Russia’s Central Bank who has forged close ties with U.S. lawmakers and the National Rifle Association, that led to a meeting with Donald Trump Jr. during the gun lobby’s annual convention in Louisville, Ky., in May 2016, a top Spanish prosecutor said Friday.

José Grinda, who has spearheaded investigations into Spanish organized crime, said that bureau officials in recent months requested and were provided transcripts of wiretapped conversations between Torshin and Alexander Romanov, a convicted Russian money launderer. On the wiretaps, Romanov refers to Torshin as “El Padrino,” the godfather.

“Just a few months ago, the wiretaps of these telephone conversations were given to the FBI,” Grinda said in response to a question from Yahoo News during a talk he gave at the Hudson Institute, a conservative think tank in Washington. Asked if he was concerned about Torshin’s meetings with Donald Trump Jr. and other American political figures, Grinda replied: “Mr. Trump’s son should be concerned.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fbi-wiretaps-putin-ally-trump-jr_us_5b08bf56e4b0568a880b7859

7. exGOPer

exGOPer

I have asked you before and will ask again - WHAT WERE THE CI and the FBI spying on? What was their AREA of spying?

piezoe likes this.
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

[​IMG]

9. exGOPer

exGOPer

10. Cuddles

Cuddles

There scary thing is the growing poll numbers of dumbasses who believe it's politically motivated, even as more details are uncovered. Proving once more the weakness in the moral fiber of the electorate to believe repeated lies.

#10     May 26, 2018
    Tony Stark and exGOPer like this.