RIP Michael Jackson

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by chrisdunn, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Eight

Eight

His frigging doctor hit him up with his daily dose of pain killer [an opiate] and the guy croaked. Now the doctor is mia...

All these people coming out and saying what a wonderful person he was... just shows what a bunch of pervert lovers infest hollyweird...

#11     Jun 26, 2009
  2. I've often wondered...... how do publishing rights work? Why did the Beatles let them go? I know the Beach Boys sold theirs. Where does the income from 45 year old music come from?

#12     Jun 26, 2009

3. They make so much money on their music, and the taxes for income became too big. The Beatles put their songs into a public company, and took shares. Now it is capitol gains to be taxed, not income. Less to pay in taxes.
    They still make money from the music if it is sold as sheet music, or music for commercials, or the advertising, and if another musician sing their music, the Beatles will always make money.
    The publisher of that music makes money too, and they decide how to market that music.
    I am not sure but I think someone took control of most the company shares, and they own the rights. Then later it went for sale and Michael Jackson had more money than a Beatle to buy that music rights. But the Beatles always receive the royalty.

#13     Jun 26, 2009
  4. Mercor

Mercor

McCartney & Lennon sold the Beatles songs for 50 million. Instead they bought lots of popular American songs like the Michigan fight song and many American classics. McCartney figured over the long term classic American songs would sell better.
    He never thought music would change formats every five years and that people would buy each new format. Cassette to CD to DVD to Digital.

Just a poor business choice. Paul also underestimated the power of his music.

#14     Jun 26, 2009

5. Jackson had his own Nichopoulus like Elvis?

#15     Jun 26, 2009
  6. timcar

timcar

This falls under the category of “I did not notice this until I saw it.”

Been watch M.J. video’s and its amazing looking at him it those “Thriller” video’s he was a normal looking black guy and in the newer videos his skin was like sheet white.

You can really see the different when they show a 1980’s video vs a 2000 one: especially when they show them back to back. Face wise he doesn’t even look the same but he was always skinny.

Losing two 1980’s icons in one day. The 1980’s are looking more distant in the rearview mirror.

#16     Jun 27, 2009