RIP Jack Hershey 81 Died on 11/3/2014

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SK0, Apr 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hughb

hughb

Got it - we crossposted.

#31     May 2, 2015
  2. hughb

hughb

His profile says he was last here on October 27, 2014, just a few days before he died.

#32     May 2, 2015
  3. toolazy

toolazy

yeah, he is good. During my adolescence as trader adopted couple of his ideas that helped me to move to next stage.

81 is fine age to die. 100 is better.

#33     May 2, 2015
  4. clacy

clacy

I would sign up for 81 right now.

#34     May 2, 2015
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

Ah! Where to start? I came across Jack in usernet and I just knew he will be a major contributor for ET. Once he arrived the firework start imm. I have learned so much from him. In following his 'paying it forward' spirit I wrote the VolStop indicator that based entirely on his idea. It was well received it was download more than 10,000 times counting all of its iterative refinements. I do get private testimony on its effectiveness. This indicator helped a vendor to gain the deep understanding in trading with volume as the leading indicator. It revolutionizes her teaching. To this day she uses many of Jack's concepts word for word but never utter his name or I don't follow her closely enough to see whether she did. But it validates his teaching, it is not some Jedi mind tricks that only the chosen one can understand. His teaching will live one in one form or another, of that I have no doubt.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
    #35     May 2, 2015
  6. SK0

SK0

"Gel together..... Congratulation..."
    by Jack Hershey

#36     May 3, 2015
  7. river

river

SK0, Thank you for sharing your confirmation from Liz of Jack's passing.

Would you consider sharing the source of the quotation above?

My search of ET on those three words from Jack comes up blank.

-river

#37     May 3, 2015
  8. SK0

SK0

Hi river.

Out of more than ten thousands of his posts in here and other places, this phrase struck me with thunders and lightning. Unfortunately, it never came to my mind to keep track of the "source". Sorry. What he actually wrote in the "source" was secondary to me.

Unlike you guys, I enjoy most of his older topics such as fine tools, medium tools, indicators, ST position trade, IT sector rotation, etc. IMHO I feel that he never or could not transfer the knowledge of one topic on a silver plate. I feel that, in each topic, he expected us, with good intentions or not, to read and re-read as many relevant posts he wrote over the years and think a little harder. I understand that phrase in this context.

#38     May 4, 2015
    river and justrading like this.
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

It's in here but it was SKO said 'gel together'
    http://www.elitetrader.com/et/index.php?threads/questions-to-jack-hershey.229669/page-11

Jack said 'Getting a pattern to happen where the point 1 is in the middle of a container and point 2 is "outside" that container is the very fine refinement that makes a whole system gel.'

#39     May 4, 2015
    Sprout, baro-san and river like this.
  10. clacy

clacy

It would be fascinating to watch a documentary of Jack and his disciples. Part genius, part deranged lunatic.

#40     May 4, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.