RIP Jack Hershey 81 Died on 11/3/2014

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SK0, Apr 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I met several of his followers at a surf fest several years ago. It was like a true cult, these guys had major evangelical zeal about the method/person. One of the followers was like a manic street preacher trying to tell me about how the system worked--- quite an interesting experience. Jack must have been quite charismatic. surf

#21     Apr 28, 2015
    JTrades likes this.
  2. Trapper

Trapper

Anyone know what happened to Spydertrader? I remember that he was profitable in his stock trading journal. Yes, Jack was charismatic. Spyder, seemed like a nice guy.

Trapper

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    #22     Apr 28, 2015
  3. JH - great mind, unique view, and great vision - contributed a lot in trading systems theory to academia. Really great soul indeed! RIP JH.

#23     Apr 28, 2015
    JTrades likes this.
  4. bone

bone

I wish to Jack's family comfort and good memories. While I must admit that I personally never truly understood the meaning of Jack's writings and theories - I was always impressed that he made every effort to participate and share, and he certainly was a gracious person when confronted and abused. Peace and happiness.

#24     Apr 28, 2015
    JTrades likes this.
  5. #25     Apr 28, 2015
    JTrades likes this.
  6. JTrades

JTrades

Thoroughly enjoyed Jack's writings and would eagerly click through to his new posts appearing on the home page. Last year he was interviewed by local television news regarding the state of Tucson roads. It appeared he'd been edited down to a short sound-bite!

Building Minds For Building Wealth By John T Hershey is in my trading book collection where it will remain. Intelligent, with a scientific mind, and as bone says, gracious. Sad that he's gone.

#26     Apr 29, 2015
  7. baro-san

baro-san

"This system of beliefs, myths is fragmented as they explain by their communications. Their minds cannot merge the conscious and the unconscious while they sleep. They will never have the experience of awakening with "new" questions to forward their inference building.

The supreme intellectual experience is "knowing that you know" your brain has taken charge of building a complete and balanced inference in a given field of endeavor. on the opposite pole is the realization that the consequences of failing to merge while sleeping is an irreversible status that cannot be corrected.

What is the huge gift, neurologically speaking, that everyone is given in their youth? Why doesn't the educational system capitalize on this? In the FI the bar is set very low. anyone could be successful since the system is so simple. Sleeping at night is where the slow irreversible death for potential traders occurs."​

"In sports, people exhibit various skill levels. For me I enjoyed ski racing, glider acrobatics, sailing racing and a trauma center stabilizing patients,if and when possible. One end is beating a clock the other end is beating death. Trading is like riding a bicycle."​

#27     May 1, 2015
    slacker likes this.
  8. hughb

hughb

Were Jack's posts deleted from ET? The autocomplete window does not bring up his handle in the search function.

He was a prolific poster back when I first joined ET in 2007, but after he posted a ridiculous post about lounging in Camp David and autographing books, I didn't take him seriously. Not to speak ill of him now that he's gone, but it was obvious he wasn't all there.

BTW - I was the first member here to find Jack's photo from his Tucson meetup profile. My post is still there after all these years (found it in the search function while searching for Hershey's Camp David post). Other members here used the photo for some pretty funny photoshops.

#28     May 2, 2015
  9. No autocomplete but search still works.

#29     May 2, 2015
  10. hughb

hughb

#30     May 2, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.