RIP Jack Hershey 81 Died on 11/3/2014

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SK0, Apr 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pigsky

Pigsky

I never followed him but I remember that when I discovered ET he was a very controversial figure and had lots of haters.

#11     Apr 27, 2015
  2. bh_prop

bh_prop

Very grateful for everything JH freely shared on ET. RIP Mr. Hershey

#12     Apr 27, 2015
  3. Pity!

At the beginning I only saw his longwinded posts and immediately skipped to the next post. I found his posts horrible... a waste of time.

That perception changed when I finally decided to "fight" my way through what he was writing, trying to understand it line by line. At the end more and more of what he wrote made sense. And it became obvious that he had a much broader understanding about the market and trading than many who post(ed) here on ET.

I will miss his "thought provoking" posts and the controversy he was creating here on ET. And I hope that some people saved his posts so that future generations will also have the opportunity to pull their hair over trying to understand what he wrote.

R.I.P. Jack and thank you!

#13     Apr 27, 2015
  4. Trapper

Trapper

I did not know of Jack's passing until Magna posted this link in another thread. I am sorry to hear this news. My belated condolences to his family and friends.

Trapper

#14     Apr 27, 2015
  5. Huh???

• JH.png
      JH.png
      File size:
      107.6 KB
      Views:
    #15     Apr 27, 2015
  6. piezoe

piezoe

Jack, you were a successful lunatic. Many were convinced they were stupid and you were brilliant because they couldn't understand your gobbledygook. They followed you, their guru, but could never make three times the daily range that you made in your mind, never got tomorrow's newspaper today, like you did. And when they applied Boolean logic, your Boolean logic, to volume, they never got rich, as you did in your mind. You were truly brilliant in your own way -- the rara avis. I will miss your very special, rare kind of insanity that entertained me immensely on more than one occasion. R.I.P. my friend.

#16     Apr 27, 2015
    tom2 likes this.
  7. jem

jem

Like Greenspan (whom I am sure Jack probably had a consulting contract with, or met in school and gave him his economic thesis and his summary of Ayn Rand's theories) Jack made up phrases in order to keep his posts free of any actual successful trading techniques.
    Hershey sold the sizzle and was great at it.

But why? since he was not charging any money for training would have have posted so many pages of words?

It was not until I ceased trading for a living and developed my own website that I realized Jack Hershey was not in the trading business....

Jack was the in the content creation business. Content hopefully drives views and posts. Views drive advertising.

Jack Hershey did not cause me to lose any money so I hope he does find peace with our Creator... but I am sure there are people who lost a fortune in time and money because of his baloney... I wonder what they wish for his eternal soul?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    #17     Apr 27, 2015
    tom2 likes this.
  8. xandman

xandman

He was a gracious and interesting person.

His understanding of the market (if not life) was borne of a deep and expansive knowledge from very unique domains. I enjoyed talking to him when I could talk at his level and him with mine. Somehow, he transcended the typical market voodoo amateur traders wallow in and created his own magic.

There was a method to his madness. Was Bollinger legit because his Bands was built from Statistical Science's standard deviation? Was Bachelier accepted by Math community early in his career? Even Nobel Prize winners have failed to capitalize on the markets.

Somebody should write his book. i'll read it.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    #18     Apr 27, 2015
    RabidTrader likes this.
  9. SK0

SK0

#19     Apr 28, 2015
  10. Trapper

Trapper

I am sure the ones closest to Jack knew for certain if his trading claims were true or not. He kept things interesting at this establishment. He will be missed here! Like him or not, he was a unique individual.

Trapper

#20     Apr 28, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.