RIP Jack Hershey 81 Died on 11/3/2014

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SK0, Apr 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SK0

SK0

I have received a confirmation from Liz that Mr Jack Hershey, 81 years of young age, passed away on 3 Nov 2014 at Tucson, Arizona.

I will remember him as a successful elder trader who had a beautiful heart and was humble, selfless and supportive to the beginner or seasoned traders.

I wish that all of his writings about his trading methodologies for nearly six decades could continue to pass forward as his gift to those who are interested.

Rest in peace, Jack.

Sprout, river and baro-san like this.
  2. I haven't used his particular method, but he wrote on many other subjects, and some of those thoughts I found very useful.

Thanks Jack, R.I.P.

3. Sergio77

Sergio77

if this is true, R.I.P. Jack. He was weird but polite.

4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

R.I.P. Mr. Hershey

There's also a few other active (outspoken) members here at Elitetrader.com that have recently (suddenly) disappeared seemingly without notification.

5. clacy

clacy

RIP. I don't buy for a second that he was a successful trader, but I wish him well in the afterlife.

BSAM likes this.
  6. Greenie

Greenie

RIP. Jack loved trading and was an active participant in these forums.

We can second guess Jack's trading methodology with 20/20 hindsight, or we can embrace the fact that he died doing something he believed in so deeply.

It may comfort us all a bit to realize that Jack is now reunited with his loved ones, and that someday we'll all be together again when we cross over to the other side. This is only a brief parting in the larger scheme of life.

RIP.

BSAM likes this.
  7. blakpacman

blakpacman

RIP. I doubt he was successful at trading, but neither was he trying to profit from offering his verbose trading advice freely given.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    RabidTrader and tom2 like this.
  8. fxwannaB

fxwannaB

1. I know I spell Johari wrongly and I also spell Mondrian wrongly; these are just tracking devices.

Mapping the "c" turns onto the Modrian Table was a mathematical deduction exercise.

By just using 8 panels I could state the "differentiating" characteristic of turns where the dominant changed. A turn where there is a dominant change defines the event where extreme amounts of money is made. At maximum shares of stock (100,000 for me) I have done a turn that netted 17 points per share in the 28 dollar per share exit range. (11 dollar inital cost per share range).

The Modrian table has a skeleton or framework. I combined two derived premises to build it.

1. I included each type of trend as Sets A through D.

2. separately, I included routine turns of the system AND the failsafe instrument system for preventing any losses.

Crossing 4 with 2 yields 8 panels. This is an invincable and powerful protective device.

Next I applied the OOE principle to achieve "knowing that I know" in advance as NOW is monitored and analyzed. I believe "anticipation" is the best tool for instilling the replacements for the CW based emotions of fear, anxiety and anger. Here you see the use of n-1 and n columns in each trend type. you also see within the trend type the n-1 and n of the turns in that type of trend.

Because a trend ends with a "c" turn for all types of trends, you deduce the four types of trends:

1. c to c,

2. c to a to c,

3 the normal trend: C to a to b to c, and

4. the drift trend: c to (a to b) to (a to b) to c.

By putting an n-1 column in the map, it is possible to achieve a form of differentiation by having a kind of "context". Lo, Brandt and Aronson ommitted context in their work so the work failed.

In effect, I spread out c turns over the types of trends and I also rigidly set in place a context for differentiating types of c turns.

What is true about End Effects is that any End Effect can play any role, i.e., any turn type.

So I set up the table and then I filled in the table's ingredients.

In trading, it is possible to make each experience purposeful. I did that informally. As a consequence I began to make money in my account from the beginning of setting it up. I ploughed 50% of my income into the account as well. By 40 days into the learning process I had been making money the second half of that time period. Before that I was just learning purposefully. I never had to try to erase anything I learned. I began with channel trading at a time when a person had to pencil his own charts. I had to ink the blank master chart as well. This meant I had to deal with each and every detail. I knew each time when I made a mistake since I did so much work. You never make any mistakes when you pencil your own graphs and annotate the channels. This is a description of working on SEQUENCES.

I got formal feedback. My broker was telling me about his other clients who were coattail trading me. then he told me about other brokers who were coatailing with their clients. So my money making was enhanced by others "pushing " my trades.

My trading breakthrough came,for me, when I got lazy with volume. I stopped drawing bars and just did significant figures in the boxes. As did Darvas, we both discovered an oder of magnitude change in volume caused price to be affected.

So voila, I had it made for the rest of my life. Later I made the work of Dodd and Granville explicit in paradigm theory.

Because of a lot of things, I was recognized globally as a problem solver. This cutting edge work, kept me sharp and on point in many ways. I may have grown what became recognized as a gift.

I also trekked in the wilderness and lived off the land from desert to tundra. I learned to function medically in formal trauma and in very remote areas under very difficult situations in which I found others.

My samples are excessive by statisticians standards. I keep binders in two forms: chronologically and contextually. Every piece of the market's system of operating is named.

In science back checking is done in a deductive process. As science builds its (or a field) field, it begins with the most evidence and takes the evidence apart. Then all the pieces are used to build the whole from a foundation. I ask others to repeat this process.

Usualy a person will not take out a sheet of paper and draw a single piece. Society and culture make this impossible today. Non US traders still have this ability, however.

I have built a heirarchy from the elements of the market. granularity afforded me this opportunity.

10 price pieces exist. 11 volume pieces exist.

I began in 1957 and RDBMS were first created in 1970 0r thereabouts. So I had a good headstart.

Relativity applies to the market system. BUT counterintuitively all trends must be monitored and analyzed independenetly of each other.

The great fork in the road occurred and Bayesian stuff took control and makes markets so simple to BEAT by NOT using any of that stuff. Science has to be used instead.

So I use the Scientific Method.

the market dictates that Boolean algebra be used. Granularity of variables makes all the few pieces easy to differentiate.

Thus, a relative database management system appears.

By finding the smallest parts you begin to differentiate with meaning and you produce definitions.

Price change is how money is made. So the pieces are assembled with one mission: making money systemically.

fortunately data can be used in clusters. The best type is not used presently but it will be in 5 to 10 years.

I group parcels by time period AND by profile. The OTR profile is best for carving extreme profits.

As a compromise, I use 5 minute bars. I operate in the 10 to 100 millisecond range so I have plenty of time compared to the data yield of a 5 minute bar.

My sample in use currently covers 81 bars a day for several years. The data is formalized into the pieces and combinations of the pieces have names.

A spectrum results. All of the pieces and their combinations are found in seven sheets. The Modrian Table shows the reversal turns in an n-1, n context. As expected, it is a simple finite list.

To trade, a person goes from general to specific. this scientific set of shells leads to knowing that you know in a total context all of the time. In the systemic operation of the market there are no flaws, no anomalies and no noise. If an observer is seeing these things, then he is still on a path that has not been completed as yet.

fascinating..

Sprout likes this.
  9. blakpacman

blakpacman

Actually, upon further reflection, I think Mr. Hershey lived a sad existence. If he came upon trading early in his life, then that means he spent his lifetime thinking and developing his trading ideas, which, to any trader with significant experience in the markets, knows is a lot of BS. So, I say it was a sad existence for him to live in a delusional world for his entire lifetime like those derelict compulsive gamblers at the racetrack who spend their entire lives obsessed with the races, "wasting" their lives. For Hershey himself, if he truly ENJOYED the challenge of analyzing the markets, then perhaps it was not a total waste even if he could not profit from trading. Maybe it's like the scientist who spends his life trying to develop his scientific theory, but couldn't arrive at the answer. Einstein spent the last decades of his life trying to develop the unified field theory without any result. We can't say it was a waste.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    i960, RabidTrader, bmwhendrix and 2 others like this.
  10. baro-san

baro-san

Thank you Jack!

#10     Apr 25, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.