RIP George Carlin

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rtrader2525, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Nothing personal jem but there's a reason we're posing here to an audience of 12 1/2 and Carlin was world wide.

[​IMG]

#21     Jun 24, 2008
  2. I thought Carlin was one of the best, until I heard him commiting outright blasphemy in one of his routines. No kidding, I took every Carlin CD and tape I had and put them in the burn pile in the middle of the yard. I'll pray for his soul. Very sad.

Rennick:(

#22     Jun 24, 2008
  3. jem

jem

Agreed.

#23     Jun 25, 2008
  4. His brand of blasphemy is based on misinformation, misperception and confusion in world where there is virtually no truth whatsoever. The fact is, this world - this so-called "universe" - is blasphemous to the core. It poses as our Father's Creation, makes Him look like a moron, and somehow fools very religious people to praise and worship the maker of what mocks our Father.

Jesus

#24     Jun 25, 2008
  5. newtoet

newtoet

6. newtoet

newtoet

I actually think he made some very astute observations on modern religion and their money-making objective...

#26     Jun 25, 2008
  7. Why are they putting dumb kids in with the smart kids in school.
    --------------------------------------

I understand the reasons why BUT the dumb kids find the other dumb kids and breed anyways.

#27     Jun 25, 2008
  8. Carlin prayed to Pesci, not you Jesus, because Joe "looks like he gets things done"... .

That bother you any?

:D

#28     Jun 25, 2008
  9. Every real great comedian is conflicted at best. They are like the greatest artists, or musicians. Look at rock music. How many of the really creative ones were just Fubar'd. John Phillips, Hendrix, Joplin, Morrison. Notice how the Monkees thrive today. You don't think John Lennon was tormented?

same with Carlin. I was watching his stuff a couple weeks ago, and had to turn it off. But in the seventies, he was cutting edge.

My heart was broken when Richard Jeni offed himself. He was brilliant, and consistant to his dying day. He must have been in horrible pain, mentally. Lots of comics the same way, except the lame ones. But Jeni, on Religious wars, "........like fighting over who has the best imaginary friend."

That theme is consistant throughout comedy. Maybe it's because Jeni and Carlin were raised Cathollic. Wanna hate relligion? Catholics can do that to you. Who was the comic who commented on eating meat on Friday being a mortal sin for so many years, then they changed it. This guy, lost to my sieve of a memory laments, "but what about all those people doing time on a meat rap?"

#29     Jun 25, 2008
  10. #30     Jun 25, 2008