Riot in NYC 6pm tommorrow according to twitter

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jul 13, 2013.

1. jem

jem

People in the south were called crackers since the 1700s according to wikipedia. Florida has a style of house called a Cracker house... and a history or cracker cowboys herding cattle. Some white people say they come from an old cracker family with pride.

We saw the evolution of cracker as an insult about the time the democrat party started to try and marginalize southern white people with all sorts of biased and racist ideas about their intelligence and religion.

If cracker was an insult before then it was a very esoteric insult. (from what I have observed.)

#31     Jul 14, 2013
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

YOU are the one claiming no evidence exists. You make the assertion, YOU back it up. I have Black friends who've told me how they feel about that word. I won't be giving you names, emails or tape recordings to "prove" that. I've heard Black TV commentators criticize Black comedians and rappers for using that word. Sorry I don't have specific dates, times and quotes. But since this is such an issue for you (you first posted to me, not vice versa), expecting me to do your homework for you is way over the top.

#32     Jul 14, 2013
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You're the one making the assertion that it's so offensive when blacks hear it from other blacks. Let me quote your comment:

I asked you that, if it's so offensive to many blacks, why don't they publicly denounce those of their race that say it? Not just when whites say it. That's easy. When blacks say it.

Instead of showing me a single instance of a black complaining about it publicly, you continue to back peddle - saying that I should prove your assertion. The evidence out there (rap music, comedy, movies, media, whatever) overwhelming suggests that when blacks use the N word, fellow blacks have no issue with it.

But keep on trollin'.

#33     Jul 14, 2013
  4. The so far relatively peaceful protest show us a couple of things. One, it shows us just how many people in this country have no understanding of the law and how in this case it protected a man from vigilantly justice driven by pure politics. Secondly, it shows us how many people in this country make all decisions based on pure emotion, even in the face of indisputable facts. This is alarming because these people vote and explains how we end up with the type leadership we have.
    And the trend ain't gettin' any better.

#34     Jul 14, 2013
  5. BSAM

BSAM

Thinking people (of all colors) have lost the country, brother Captain.
    Lost the country.

#35     Jul 14, 2013
  6. I dont know why, but when black people call us crackers it just makes me laugh. Its like hearing a grown man cant think of a better insult and saying "Oh yeah...well you're a big fat stupid head!"

How come they get so riled up when we call them niggers, but it doesnt even phase us when they call us crackers? Is it just racial slurs don't work on white people because we take responsibility for our actions and they blame everyone else for their actions?

#36     Jul 14, 2013
  7. jem

jem

If I were a single black guy and you called me the N word in front of women... I would probably get pretty pissed for multiple reasons.

not as likely to happen if you call me cracker or white boy.

#37     Jul 14, 2013
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

Here you go, you google-challenged infant.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/09/AR2007070900609.html

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/jmitchell/2010/05/13/more-people-say-the-n-word-should-go-away/

By the way, why did you take me off ignore?

Let me guess: you're a pussy who can't keep a commitment.

#38     Jul 14, 2013
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

Whites were never their slaves, they were ours. Well, not my family's, thank TPTB. I don't know how so many Whites just refuse to see the difference. Oh wait, I do: racism.

#39     Jul 14, 2013
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

#40     Jul 14, 2013