RIMM wtf happened?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by omegapoint, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Gimped contact list, organize, email & internet?! Have you not been to the Apple or RIMM app store? These smartphones can literally do just about anything a computer can do! I recently downloaded an app on my Blackberry that allows me to get yardage information etc. on THOUSANDS of golf courses. This is one example. Consider also GPS (essential for roadtrips), the ability to TRADE on your smartphone, the list goes on and on. Not to mention consumer oriented apps that deal with music, video, etc. etc.

The primary demographic for smartphones <b>used to be</b> the finance industry. Consumers are now the primary demographic, which is a huge demographic. Every single high school kid will bug mommy and daddy for a smartphone in the very near future, if it's not happening already.

#81     Jun 19, 2009
  2. dhirsch

dhirsch

I think he's implying that they are one and the same. Like we didn't already know.

#82     Jun 19, 2009
  3. ha, ha, that was really funny, dane.

#83     Jun 19, 2009
  4. AND THUS, BUY AAPL.

#84     Jun 19, 2009
  5. LOL, that's funny. The funniest part is that you actually paid for those gimped apps.

#85     Jun 19, 2009
  6. gladly.
    i love my iphone.
    it's the love child i never had.

#86     Jun 19, 2009
  7. You pay only for premium apps like the golf GPS I mentioned. Many apps come standard with the smartphones and many more are free to download. Prediction - you are 50+ years old and don't know how to work this new technology. Am I right?

#87     Jun 19, 2009
  8. LOL I build my own computers, kiddo. And when I need to use MS Office apps, it's significantly more serious than making myself an itinerary or a contact list to make myself feel important.

Why don't go play some BrickBreaker on the 8900 and marvel some more at its astounding features.

#88     Jun 19, 2009
  9. LOL I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one. How is the computer business anways? Sales are great I'm sure...

Why don't we come back to this thread in a year and you can tell me how great your Blackberry is and how you can't do without it. We'll also chat about how many millions of units of smartphones have been sold between now and then.

#89     Jun 19, 2009
  10. I'm convinced Anaconda lives in Detriot Michigan. :D

#90     Jun 19, 2009