RIMM up on monday, I stake my reputation on it (my nickname heheeh)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by FutTrd, Sep 30, 2006.

1. I am not judging your position size, I was just curious since you started the thread. Thanks for responding :)

#11     Oct 1, 2006

2. RIMM right now is good for one thing: pointing out the tools on wall st.

all the douche-bags will upgrade them and jump on the bandwagon. look for the firms that downgrade them on the fact that they have no competitve advantage whatsoever as a company - these are the firms that have their heads on straight.

this is a 50$ stock on a good day - even with market elation - anything higher is manipulation at it's finest.

regards,

edit: it's gone up too fast - look for it to fall faster. i expect downgrades on monday and the longs to panic.

#12     Oct 1, 2006
  3. FutTrd

FutTrd

oh my god, oh my god

aaaa panicking already

nahh just kidding

your analysis is fundamental, my analysis is technical and superior

respectfully FutTrd

if I am not right I'll take 8 k loss and move on (never to speak about this again):p

#13     Oct 1, 2006
  4. heh - the technicals on it are bad as well. that spike on your chart is what is called a 'blow-off top'.

good luck.

#14     Oct 1, 2006
  5. Did you sell it yet?

#15     Oct 2, 2006

6. Oh I know you're good. After all, you're dedicated enough to be posting on a Saturday night rather than enjoying the fruits of your labor.

And, buying a 16 point gap, rather than at $63 in August or $86 Thursday is indeed shrewd. Ditto for being satisfied with a sliver of profit over a 40 point gain. Truly a nobleman.

In fact, I'm getting a clearer meaning of the adage "jack of all trades, master of none". Self-proclaimed daytraders, with inordinately large position size generally don't hold overnight, particularly if NOT green.

Of course those late to the party, having bought the gap open at $102.20, experienced a close of $102.65. Translation, 45 cents per share green and........ 34 MILLION shares churned. There's safety in numbers.

You're right, I don't know shit. That's why I consider any gap a synthetic price point and a whopping 16 point gap as the ax moving away from his long basis. The ax is also the raising of the guillotine.

As such I'd consider the gap an eventual invitation to "fill me". Average true range has ascended to a six month high at $3.21 per day. Symptom of a mature trend and lots of decsions. Of course a day trader doesn't give credence to trend, just whatever moves to bang out dimes (and tell the world about it). Let US know just how many cents you snag, OK?

Attached is a real chart, which wouldn't mean anything to a saavy individual, such as yourself. But then, neither would the notion there's ALWAYS someone on the other side of the trade.

• rimm.jpg
      File size:
      74.2 KB
      Views:
    #16     Oct 2, 2006
  7. The MM's know that RIMM is going to be a "buy" for most people, thats why they're probably going to short it.

#17     Oct 2, 2006
  8. MMs take the oppisite side of your trade so they have no choice but to short it if people go long.

#18     Oct 2, 2006
  9. Just closed out a nice intraday short.

Why are you guys trying to push up a stock that is technically in no position to rise today?

#19     Oct 2, 2006
  10. RIMM will take it in the ass.

I'm going in with 35 put option k's. Cover me.

#20     Oct 2, 2006