RIMM short term play

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by faure, Oct 10, 2007.

1. faure

faure

Just checking out some charts and thought this looked like a good trade - long RIMM at market (114.50) with a stop at 113.50. Maybe 117 initially but new highs aren't inconceivable.

2. romanvm

romanvm

Bought RIMM NOV 150 Call, we'll see what happens. Waiting to see if it brakes through 116.41 resistants.

3. romanvm

romanvm

Testing 116.41 resistant for the third time in two days on 10 min

4. faure

faure

Moved the stop to 115.50 with a view to get out @ 118.50. 116.50 is really important and if RIMM does a nose dive it might well get back to 107.

5. I bought some of the RULKUs (RIMM Nov 115 calls) today @ 7.85. I see RIMM closed above that 116.41 resistance and is above 117 in after hours, and I am curious to see if it can make significant new highs soon. Does anyone see this stock going over 120 this week? I get really nervous buying calls on stocks that have run like this one has, but I just could not help myself. I am up about 1.16 on a bunch of the calls, and thinking of selling pretty soon.

6. faure

faure

Well my limit got hit @ 118.50 right near the open so that's it for me.

7. faure

faure

What a weird day. Got long on the close (111.00) with a pretty wide stop 6 dollars lower at 105. It feels like a pretty risky trade so it should work out.

Also got long BIDU (which is being blamed by Reuters for the decline) on the close @ 308.80 with a stop at 301. People seem to have got into a mini frenzy about today's move....hmmm.

8. RIMM and BIDU will both be lower next week, I hope you have some Kevlar gloves trying to catch those knives.

9. faure

faure

I don't need gloves - just stops. But it could always gap past my stops.

Not a knock on you but a general observation is that only a day or two ago anyone shorting BIDU, RIMM, GOOG etc... was considered brave. Now it seems going long is a brave move. Funny how quickly the sentiment seems to have changed.

10. Help. I knew I should have bailed on those RIMM calls this morning when they opened up a point. Now I am screwed until the sentiment turns again, which of course will not happen until I sell the calls, then the stock will go to new highs.

Stocks were dropping so fast, that my Reuters quotes could not keep up.

#10     Oct 11, 2007