Rimm Set for a Crash ?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stocktrader2007, Sep 23, 2008.

1. I agree, My 2 cents -

RIM will continue to see growth with the consumer market acquiring devices. This may offset lesser corporate demand with weak employment. Apple has had some follies with the iPhone G3 and with Google, Nokia and others fast on their tail it would be unlikely that anyone of them alone could unseat RIM in the near-term. RIM devices are the defacto standard in the market as iPods are to MP3 players.

#11     Sep 25, 2008
  2. if bailout was approved tonight prior to rimm earnings... its gonna make a big difference..

#12     Sep 25, 2008
  3. long RIMM 99.43

holding into tomorrow maybe next week

#13     Sep 25, 2008
  4. dhpar

dhpar

kudos. you made me some money. thank you

#14     Sep 25, 2008
  5. Nice call, stock.

#15     Sep 25, 2008
  6. cszulc

cszulc

SORRY TO THE LONGS!!!

81.15, -16.38 (-16.79%) How low will it go???

#16     Sep 25, 2008
  7. Rimm longs are getting a nice rim job right about now!

My condolences amigas! :)

#17     Sep 25, 2008
  8. Cutten

Cutten

AAPL will kill RIMM. The reason is that loads of people migrate to Macs from Ipods, Iphone etc, and then they are locked in. AAPL will eventually have 30%+ of the laptop, and 15%+ of the desktop market, giving even more impetus to the Iphone.

Computers are just a hub now for portable multimedia devices. Apple's integrated drivers mean no conflicts, plug & play convenience and file-syncing/backup. RIMM by contrast has to deal with MSFT Windoze and all it's problems. It's fucked.

An Iphone is a laptop the size of a palmtop. A Blackberry is an annoying beeping brick for suits. RIMM is gonna spend the next 3 years tossing Apple salad.

#18     Sep 25, 2008
  9. Decel

Decel

Crud, was hopefull for RIMM until I saw Regal's post.

100 shares (on the TSX), sad to see money go nonetheless

#19     Sep 25, 2008
  10. RIMM poor forecast, Bailout failure brings it back to Square one. Might test high 60's if bailout fails..

Another trade here is AAPL will get beaten up to 110's !!

#20     Sep 25, 2008