RIMM - ridiculous

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Htrader, Dec 23, 2003.

1. sjp

sjp

You lot are all fools. I was long and have netted a tidy profit.

Tee hee.

Yours
    Long Trader

#31     Mar 2, 2004
  2. I think RIMM will go even higher. They make about 60% of their money on handset sales and the new colored "Blueberrys" are really hot. But, the kicker for RIM is that they have revenue sharing relationships with 50 carriers worldwide. Contractually, RIM gets 20-40% of the data revenues generated by the carriers' blackberry data plan sales. The average Blackberry user spends $40/mth for data services so RIM ends up with $10-$17 of that number.

Once you put together the numbers (1 million subscribers) and the fact that the European markets are still relatively untapped for Blackberry, i think their market is huge. Does it validate such a high stock price? That's another argument but I can't help but think that more good news is coming down the pipe for these guys.....

#32     Mar 5, 2004
  3. Looks like they are on the rebound after the settlement with Good.
    Just wait until they start charging for MDS licensing. That'll boost their revenues as well. Seems like everyone is upgrading from the 957 to the 7200 or 7700 series BBs. I'm still long on these guys.

#33     Mar 30, 2004
  4. It is going higher. It will get split and have at least another 30%-40% in it.

#34     Mar 30, 2004
  5. You are looking dead on right.... It is skyrocketing again today....

Split at 110?

#35     Apr 2, 2004