RIMM - ridiculous

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Htrader, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Bet the Ranch on ONE TRADE, let alone on ONE COMPANY that you don't fully understand.

Wall Street is essentially throwing out their financial "models" on RIMM and thus taking into consideration that many of RIMM's prodcuts have only recently begun to impact the revenue line.

Besides, who would want to short a company that has 14.65% of their float, or 8.45 million shares sold short as of November?

And you think you are gonna be able to hedge yourself in thin Holiday markets?

Not a chance!

#11     Dec 23, 2003
  2. LOL, bro thanks for all the "bold" letters accentuating your great wisdom, but it was a joke, bannanahead...

#12     Dec 23, 2003
  3. Trap well set. It's always fun to nail the know-it-alls.

#13     Dec 23, 2003
  4. like morons ....

I'll bet very few % of us so called Elite Traders

loaded up on RIMM a yr ago when it was sub $15

:(

#14     Dec 23, 2003
  5. lindq

lindq

No, but I picked up a few hundred shares yesterday afternoon on a lark after I saw they were going to report earnings. The Blackberry is gangbusters with the corporate cubicle set. I used an early model when I was inside the corporate world, and they are addictive. I couldn't imagine they would report poorly, but certainly didn't expect the nice gift. They have a great channel now to build other apps and hardware for the same customers, in handheld devices. I predict they are going to be huge.

#15     Dec 23, 2003
  6. Interesting thing ... I have never, ever, ever, seen a single solitary person use a blackberry outside the US. Instead, the teenage set use instant messaging on their cell phones. Is that basically the same thing w/ different device?

Are they used in Europe?

Do execs leave them at home when traveling overseas?

#16     Dec 23, 2003
  7. I bet Mr. Market did... He is HUGE!

#17     Dec 23, 2003
  8. RIMM is just a reminder that we have never left the bubble days...

truly remarkable to me that after 3 1/2 years the same nonsense is just replicated all over again....

RIMM TASR NTES ASKJ SNDK..the list is endless.....

Now before you call me a sore loser...I called SP 1147 very quietly on a thread in April (unlike some others around here, and one I did not start for ego stroking), and I was basically called cluess by several posters. My little fund which was closed out of all positions today is up 29% since June 18, 2003 start.

And while I missed many of these above..I feel that these are warning signs for a market headed for the real beating that is coming...of course after Bush is re-elected in 2004.

Where were the upgrades in the spring..now they are everywhere..and px tgts just keep getting raised ..I have seen
    this movie before, but this time the ending will be the real one.

There are potent reminders out there that the glory days of the past need replicating before ending.

Truly scary out there.

Happy Holidays to all.

Best
    david

#18     Dec 23, 2003
  9. End of the year mark up, ho hum.

#19     Dec 23, 2003
  10. Duh.

I was aware of your idiocy from previous threads.
    But it would be just LIKE YOU to make fun of people who lost money today being short RIMM.

Typical, Bananahead!

:eek:

#20     Dec 23, 2003