RIMM or not to RIMM

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by FAST.AM, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Companies are jumping out with announcement and rumor that they too are developing touch screen devices.

Wait a minutes! Don't you see touch screen at Walmart?

Once dusts settle down, you can tell who has the stylish, the elegance by looking at the well educated upper class hand movement from iPhone owner

Clearly iPhone has redefined human hand movement, with that in mind every iTouch user has to convert to iPhone sooner or later, that's 100 million users for Apple.

#21     Oct 4, 2007
  2. The iphone is a piece of garbage. It doesn't support third party software, it's totally locked down to at&t, the thing can't even record videos. The battery has to be sent into apple to be replaced. I mean for the price it should come with a blowjob...

The phone could be so much better... but Apple doesn't make good technology, they are more of a fashion company. The Ipod could be better... make it scratch resistant, make the battery swapable, etc... but Apple just wants to force people to replace their product. Not exactly a winning strategy imo.

#22     Oct 4, 2007
  3. Unless consumers adopt RIMM its upside is limited. Count how many people have blackberries and how many have ipods when walking around.

#23     Oct 4, 2007
  4. That makes sense but I read on RM that RIMM is adding 125,000 users a week. They are not even in china but will be at some point.

#24     Oct 4, 2007
  5. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

Goldman upped them.. I'm a buyer....

#25     Oct 5, 2007
  6. S2007S

S2007S

buy buy buy, going back up to 175+

#26     Oct 5, 2007
  7. S2007S

S2007S

I thought I heard constantly that blackberry would feel a little bit of competition from the Ihype, I mean I phone.

What happened??

:p :p

#27     Oct 5, 2007
  8. Neodude

Neodude

This sounds like an awesome biz strategy to me. In fact if people are dumb enough to buy new gadgets to follow fashion then Apple is milking this fade to the best of its ability. You can't make money in the long run if your users are perfectly content with your old product. Making a perfect product would eventually stall their stellar sales.

-Neo

#28     Oct 6, 2007
  9. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

They Integrate fashion that appeals to the masses. Why do people buy "Tiffanys" when they can go to Walmart.. As we know they are both very successful companys. Also i don't agree I believe the MAC this the leader for any type of Multimedia.. The company is in the sweet spot of the internet boom..

#29     Oct 6, 2007
  10. Rimm is just insane... I'm jealous that I missed out... haha. If I see a pull back I will definitely consider buying in.

I personally have a Treo 650... and for a few months my work gave me a black berry to use... but then the bastards took it away. The email on them blows everything else out of the water. And the phone functionality works good enough for most people. Iphone is a consumer bragging rights "style" product made to impress other people. They won't even on the radar of business phone use. And once the fad is over it's lights out.

If they could somehow make the pda functionality as good as Palm or Windows mobile and get really good third party developers... then look out.

#30     Oct 6, 2007